Chapter 15: New Acquaintance

It's been weeks after I had the flu. It's a good thing that I'm all well before Monday starts again.

On that Saturday morning, I felt a little well. My temperature's almost in a normal state, I don't have that headache anymore, and most of all, I can easily go around without the aching joints or muscle pain because of that flu. All thanks to Rina's persuasiveness.

On that morning, I also called my grandparents to inform that I've been sick but already recovering from it so they don't have to worry. Because of my call, my grandparents came over to my place make sure that I'm okay and to make sure that I have the needed foods for recovery.

While I was talking to my grandparents, reassuring that I'll be fine, there's a knock on my door. My grandma answered it and to my surprise it was the Rina with Mami, Tomomi, Anna and Yoko.

I was surprised by their sudden visit. I didn't expect them to come over to my place to check up on me. They have something for me, to fully recover. During their visit, I introduced the girls to my granparents and vice versa.

I had a great time with the girls, along with my grandparents.

As expected, my grandparents went from their dramatic mode to their skeptical mode. They've been informing my friends that they are so greatful that their grand daughter, of course that's me, met good friends in highschool. Then because they are awefully awesome, from being dramatic, they decided to seriously embarrass me by telling them stories when I was younger.

There's this one, back when I was really young, the time when we went to the mall. I can see hundreds of people also spending their time in the mall that made me gripped to my Mom and Grandma's hands. My mom and grandma decided to go to the washroom and of course they came along with me. I was very anxious that time because I'm not very fond of many people in one place. The washroom is almost full of other shoppers and I thought my Mom and Grandma already made their way out of the washroom so I decided to also leave the place and catch up with them. Realizing that they must've forgotten about me, I cried that caught people's attention. After crying my lungs out and calling for my Mom and Grandma, I was being carried and realized it was them. They told me they were in the washroom the whole time and didn't left. Asking me if I'm alright and why did I left the washroom.

The story ended with 'aww' s and stiffled laugh from the girls that made me blush from my place.

"I didn't know you were such a crybaby back then, Haruna." Mami said gaining a glare from me but she just laughed.
"Well, atleast you've moved on with that unlike someone else here" she added while saying the last words she's emphasizing her gazes at Tomomi, implying something.

We already got what she meant, then we burst out of laughter.

"Hey! I'm not a crybaby" Tomomi said with her infamous pout.
"I didn't mention any name" Mami denied innocently.

The conversation continues until my Grandparents decided to head back to their place and bid their goodbye. After a few minutes, the girls decided to head home too. I walked them outside my apartment and said, "Thank you for the visit, it made me feel more better." I confessed.

"It's Rina's idea. And also we had a great time." Anna informed me.

" Get well soon, Haruna" Yoko added. I nodded in response.

The four girls are already walking on their way chatting and as for Mami and Tomomi, they kept teasing Anna and Yoko once in a while.

I didn't noticed that Rina is still by my side until she spoke up.

"I guess we'll see you on monday" she said while smiling at me.
"Sure will." I responded "and thank you for this, Rina."
"It's nothing, the girls also thought about visiting you. We'll be on our way now." She said then suddenly she hugged me, after a few minutes I hugged her back. We separated from our hug and she started to walk towards the other girls still waving at me.

I shouted to Rina then she looked back at me.

"You can be really unpredictable." I half shouted.
She chuckled at my statement and gave me another wave.

That hug Rina gave me, I think it came with butterflies because the moment she hugged me, I think there are butterflies inside my stomach and then my stomach itself do some somersaults. Why do I feel this whenever Rina and I have physical contact even just mere graze that I feel like there's this electric passing to me.

I was cut from my reminscing and wandering, when a ball for baseball is approaching me, good thing there's this high fence between me and the ball that saved me from a possible head concussion. Yeah, I think I'm exaggerating.

One of the practicing members approached my way obviously to fetch the ball.

"You okay there?" She asked while jogging to where the ball is and to my direction.
"Uh, yeah. Saved by the fence" I joked back.
She chuckled at my retort.

There's a nearby entrance and exit to the field so she jogged towards it. And few seconds, she's now right in front of me.

"Sorry about that" she said, smiling apologetically.
"It's okay, really. No harm done" I said reassuring that I'm okay.
"Oh, almost forgot" she gestured her hand for a handshake.
"I'm Aina Yamauchi. Sophomore, 2-B"
I shaked her hand and replied.
"Haruna Ono, 2-D"

"Are you all alone?" She asked looking around for my possible companion.
"Yeah, just wandering around. Killing time." I said.

Before Aina can reply, she was being called by her teammates.

"Coming! Coming! Sheesh." She said.
"See you around, Haruna. Sorry again for the accident." She said waving while running back to the field.
I waved back never got a chance to reassure that it's okay.

I continued wandering around school. Yes, I'm not with the girls today. I decided to be alone and wander off the school. The girls agreed to go head home but they still bugged me why I want to make them head home without me. I just reasoned that I have something to do.

After a few more minutes wandering in the school grounds, I decided to go home.

Remembering the incident earlier, I'm really thankful that there's a high fence in that field. I just chuckled to myself while heading home good thing I'm the only one here in the streets as of this moment or people might think I'm out of my mind.
------
Okay! Short, yes. Well, I think most of you know who Aina Yamauchi is. She's also from an all girls band called Silent Siren :) the question is: What will be Aina's role in this story? Well, let's see :)

I think I'm getting to the middle part of the story but! I'm not assuring that this is a Good part or Bad part but this is a little crucial for the phasing of the story. I think you get me, right? Right. Okay.

Soooo. Ok. Have a good one guys!

~OchiDochi