Chapter 14.2: Spring of Feelings (Part 2)

As we entered my apartment, I hurriedly took off my shoes and get rid of the mess around the room. Though I'm very weak as of the moment and I just wanted to get under my bed and sleep until tomorrow morning, I can't because Rina's here. As I was putting all the things away, I spoke up.

"Sorry about the mess. I haven't cleaned up since last week." I said.
"It's ok, don't worry. You should go now to your room and change. I'll check if you have some food for supper. And if you don't, I'll cook something." She said.

Because my apartment is not so big, Rina is already in the kitchen area where she's gesturing me to go and change.

Mother of all mother, I think my flu's going away because I'm very anxious of Rina being here in my apartment and she's planning to cook for me.
I hope grandma left me something to eat so Rina don't have to cook. Though I want to taste her cooking but not in this situation.

I've entered my room and the moment I closed the door, I felt exhausted. I audibly sighed. I don't know if I'm exhausted because of the flu, or I'm exhausted because me, being anxious around Rina, today.

I stripped off my uniform, and changed to my gray sweatpants and an extra large t-shirt. I'm sure I'm going to sweat prufosely later this evening because of my choice of clothes today. I decided to lay down on my bed for a couple of minutes before checking up on Rina.

I'm not really used to being dependent to others. I feel like I'm so weak and can't handle simple things on my own. Well, I really hate getting sick because I have to experience that. While I was thinking and complaining in my head, my body felt so exhausted that I didn't realized that I dozed off.

***
I felt someone is waking me from my needed slumber. I grunted in response to let that someone know that I don't want to be disturbed.
But the shaking didn't stop. I swear, if this someone doesn't have a good reason on waking me up, I don't know what'll I do.
I'm too tired and sick to deal with this.

Then I remembered that Rina is in my apartment. I suddenly bolted up from my bed causing me more dizziness than I already have. I tightly closed my yes right after that gesture. I grunted in pain and held my head as if it's going to fall from my neck.

"Sorry for waking you up, Haru." I heard someone's voice.
I slowly opened my eyes to see who it was and yes, Rina is still here. She is now sitting on the edge of my bed.
"What time is it?" That's the first thing I blurted out. I didn't know what my tone sounded. I saw Rina's expression from apologetic to guilty with a hint of shock and then to confusion. But then, she composed herself and answered my question.

"It's quarter to seven. I think." She said.
"What?!" I half-shouted and then I regret what I've done because I felt my head aching again.
"You still have that headache I presume." She started. Then she touched my forehead to feel my temperature. I think my face is now as red as a tomato because of the embarrassment I feel right at this moment.
"And I guess you still have a fever." She added.

Rina stood up from the bed and left me in confused state. After a few good minutes, she came back with a bowl in hand. I guess she cooked after all.

"I checked the food in your kitchen and discovered it's not appropriate with someone who is sick so I decided to cook something for you." Rina said as she took off the lid from the bowl.

The steam immediately escaped from the bowl and though my sense of smell is now in it's weakest level, I can still smell the aroma of whatever Rina has cooked.

"It's just a chicken soup I hope you wouldn't mind?" She said.
I shook my head.
"No, I don't mind. Thank you, Rina." I replied.
"But it's already late. Aren't your parents looking for you?" I added.
Rina smiled at me.
"I already informed them that I'm in your apartment. And Dad will pick me up later. So don't worry." She replied.

"Oh," that's all I have managed to say.
"Here, eat it before it gets cold." Rina said getting my attention. She is now holding the spoon with the soup in it. Looks like she's feeding me.
"I--I can feed myself." I stuttered. I don't know if I'm blushing right now or what but I don't care. I just don't want to be treated like I'm a helpless kid.

"No, I insist." She countered.
"No, I insist" reaching for the spoon but she put it away in a good distance for me not to reach.
I whined like a kid, but Rina just giggled towards my gesture. I didn't expect myself to get in this kind of attitude.

"Uh-uh. Say 'ahh' " she started again.
"I don't know why you're doing this to me." I mumbled. I sighed in defeat and opened my mouth. Then she fed me the soup. I might say it is tasty. Despite of my weak sense of smell and taste, I can still taste the chicken.

I bet I'm blushing prufosely because of this. I avoided Rina's gazes and look somewhere else.

"Good girl." She said. I just glared at her and she just chuckled.
"You can be really stubborn when you're sick." She stated.
"You don't say" I retorted.

She keep feeding me until the soup is just near to finish but I feel so full now so I laid back on my bed and covered myself.

"Do you have medicine for your flu?" Rina asked while walking to the door to put the bowl I've used away.
I uncovered myself again, and started to get off the bed but Rina stopped me.

"Lay down, just tell me where it is and I'll get back with your water." She said.

I nodded and said. "It's in my bag. The school nurse gave me an extra."

"Ok, just lay down ok." Then she closed the door.

After a moment, she's back with a glass in hand. She put it on my side table.

"Where's your bag?" She asked.
I just pointed where it was. My bag is on my work desk, so she walked a few good steps and look for the medicine and found it. She handed me the medicine, I observed the medicine in hand and put it in my mouth.

Ugh, I hate tablets. Rina already handing me the glass of water.

"Here" she said while handing me the glass of water.

The moment I reached for the water, I slightly grazed Rina's hand making me feel a bit weird. And I know after that, I felt my face blush. How many times I've blushed today? I just want to think it was because I'm literally sick.

I swallowed the water with the medicine and handed the glass still half full to Rina.

"Thanks." I said as I slowly get back laying on my bed.
"No prob" she replied giving off that concerned smile.

"Rest now, I already texted Dad to pick me up. I'll just see my way out." She informed me.

I nodded.
"Thank You, Rina. Really, I appreciate this but you didn't have to bother."

"Well, I already took you home, fed you and gave you medicine so I guess it's all done. And you have no choice but to do what I say." She jokingly smirked at me.

"You should thank me being sick and weak that I didn't put off a fight from all of those." I chuckled.

"Yeah" then she giggled "I should thank the flu" she smiled and gone off to the door.

The door opened once again and Rina's head pop out.
"Good night, Haru." She said.

"Good Night" I said.

"Rest well" she added.

"I will," I murmured and drifted to sleep.

----
Ooookay! So yeah. . . 2nd update after 2 days of updating the first part. I know it's kind of or it's really short so apologies :l I don't know if this one's boring or what. Like Haruna, while I was making this part, I don't feel so well but I guess I got through. What do you think guys? Nice or 'meh'?

Ok, I guess that's all. Have a good one guys!
~OchiDochi