Chapter 12.2: Unexpected Sleepover (Part 2)

I was awakened by a sudden ring that I assume it was from Rina's phone. I knew that the ringing doesn't come from my phone because obviously I know what my ringtone or alarm tone is. I looked for my own phone and as I look for the time, my eyes squinted from the sudden ray of light coming from my phone. It is just two in the morning. I waited for Rina to turn off her alarm, but as seconds pass by, I decided that I'll just turn it off anyways. Rina is still fast asleep. I admit that I am a shallow sleeper when it comes to sleepover. I guess my body and mind is still adjusting to my new environment to the point that when a noise was made, it will definitely wake me up.

I made my body into a sitting position, why did Rina even set her phone in alarm this early and didn't even wake up? I thought to myself as I look for Rina's phone. It was on her night stand beside her bed and just over my head when I am in a sleeping position. I grab her phone and turned off the alarm. The night lamp is still on but my eyes have already adjusted to the light. Now I'm fully awake, how am I supposed to go back to sleep? As I thought of that question, Rina suddenly move then faced me. She's still asleep. I looked at her and I noticed that she's still holding dai-chan in her arms. The scene is very amusing to see, Rina looked like a child in her place. I look at her face, her long eyelashes that perfectly match her big round eyes when she's looking at you. Those cute nose that when you look at the bridge of it, you want to touch it because you can see how smooth it will be. Her pink lips are parted having those soft breathing from her sleep.

Moments later, I heard a noise, and I was surprised it came from Rina. I kept myself from laughing to avoid Rina from waking up. The noise sounds like a whining of a puppy. A cute puppy I must add. The noise Rina is making kept up for less than half a minute. While I was still observing Rina, she slowly opened her eyes then she murmured to herself, "what was that?" her voice is a little bit hoarse. I guess she's still sleepy. She noticed that I am up from the futon so she slowly shot herself into a sitting position on her bed.

"It's still early, why are you awake?" she asked. I smiled at her question.
"I uh, woke up because your phone alarm went off. You didn't wake up so, I just turn it off." I looked at her then she looks like she remembered something.

"Oh! I'm so sorry; I forgot to deactivate the alarm." She said embarrassed at her forgetfulness.

"It's ok; I'm also a shallow sleeper when I'm in sleepovers so . . . yeah." I reasoned out while giggling to myself.

Rina smiled at me then spoke up, "uh, Haru?" she called on me.

"Yes?" I replied.

"Ahm, did you hear something earlier? Somewhat like a whining of a puppy or something?"

At her question, I tried not to let out a laugh, but I failed. She looked at me in confusion, eye questioning me, what is funny.

"You don't know, do you?" I asked her back.

Still looking confused, she answered, "what?"

By the looks of her, she has no idea that the noise she heard is actually from her. To get her out of her confusion, I decide to tell her.

"It's actually you who's making that noise." I told her with an amused smile.

Her eyes went from a sleepy state, to a shocked one. "Eh?" she started. "Really?!" she added, in a whisper-shout tone.

"Yes, really." I replied still wearing my amused smile.

"You want me to record it, when you fall back to sleep?" I jokingly suggested her.

"No need." She said with a pout. Aww, that gesture of hers is cute.

I let out a silent laugh. Then I look at her once again.