Chapter 12: Unexpected Sleepover (Part 1)

"Thank you for letting me stay over the night, Mr. And Mrs. Suzuki." I stood up then bowed to the elders.

"You really are a one respectful child, Haruna." Rina's mom said.

I just smiled at her comment.

"Haruna, you're going to sleep in Rina's room. I already got out the extra futon." Rina's mother said. I thanked Rina's parents.
I picked up my bag from the floor. Rina and I are now heading to her room. But before we leave the room, Rina's mom spoke up.

"I also readied the hot bath for the both of you before you two get sick." She said. " and Rina, give Haruna some clothes to change on."

Rina replied an okay, then we continued to her room.

As we approach to Rina's room, there's a silence between us. I just tried to feel comfortable with it when Rina suddenly spoke up that made me jump from my place.

"I'm really glad you accepted my Mom's suggestion." She started. Smiling at me, when we stopped in front of a door. I guess this is her room. She grabbed the doorknob then opened it.

"I thought of what they have said back there. I also don't want to make grandma worry so, again thank you for this." I said.

Rina smiled at me then she gestured me to come in when I got into her room, Rina closed the door. She walked past me then she sat on her bed.

She let out an audible sigh.
"It's a very long day indeed. But it's a fun day." Then from a sitting position, she laid her back to the bed, her legs still on the edge of her bed.

I let my eyes scan the room. It was a typical kind of room a teenager would get.

From my right, there's a desk that I assume where Rina work on school activities such as homeworks. On the same spot, a shelf is located fixed on the wall.

Rina's bed is located on the other side of the room near the window. She also have that bedside table with a night lamp on top.

All in all, her room is organized, clean and well done unlike mine.

"You can put your bag on the desk, if you want to." Rina said, still lying on her bed.

I nodded, then put my bag on the said desk.

Rina bolted from laying on her bed. Then she walk towards her closet, I assume. She opened it, then that confirms my assumation. She pulled out a gray sweatpants and a simple white shirt.

"Here, you can use this. I'm sure it'll fit you because of your tiny figure." She said jokingly.

I glared at her then said. "I think you've got Mami and Tomomi's 'disease' ".

She just giggled at my reply then she put her hands on my shoulders and made me turn around towards the door.

"You can go first to take a hot bath." She said opening the door.

"You sure?" I asked hesitantly.

"Yes, I'm sure." She reassured.
"The third door on the right is the bathroom. Go now before the water gets cold." She said after she tapped my back.

I walked myself along the corridor, and I reached the bathroom door.

I grabbed the doorknob and opened the door.
I hang Rina's clothes just behind the door with the towels. I stipped off my clothes then plunge my body into the water.

The water is warm just like Rina's mom said earlier. Because I'm not used to taking a bath or rather a shower in other household, I started to scrub my body then I rinsed myself.