Chapter 5: Opening Up

On the moment I got home, I really can't take my mind off of what happened earlier.

Rina looks so hurt when I didn't told her what's bothering me. Did my response sounds harsh to her?

I'm in my bed now, staring at the ceiling. It is just nine thirty in the evening but my mind is now exhausted thinking about that incident. My phone beeped, I kind of frozen up. I looked over my phone to know who's the sender but to my disappointment it's just one of my classmate. It's not really a personal message but a group one. What's up with group messaging anyways?

Then I thought of messaging her. I reached again for my phone, composed a message before I tap the send button, there's so many things that ran through my mind. A tons of what if's. What if she's really mad at me for not answering her? What if she find that really weird about me? What if before she read my message, she'll just erase it and didn't even think to reply?

Thinking all of that things, I didn't noticed that I already tapped the send button.

Now I'm really anxious about what I have done. I put the phone away. Then seconds later, it beeped.

Now is the moment of truth. I felt relieved that it was from Rina, but my torture hasn't ended yet. I opened the message and after that I let out a heavy breath that I didn't notice I was holding.

Me: Good Evening.

Rina: Same here.

With that response, I am now on the road of guilt trip. She doesn't usually reply with a two or three word without a smiley or anything. I tapped my response, but hesitant to send it. But after a few seconds, I gain courage just to send this stupid message.

Me: are you mad?

Just as second passed, my phone beeped.

Rina: no, why would I be mad? :)

And there it is. I don't know if that is a genuine smile or some kind of a cover up, just to reassure me that she's not mad and for me to give up questioning her.

Me: you sure? It's about earlier. You're not mad?

I know I'm like a kid pushing nonsense topic towards her elders but I don't know why I'm even concerned of her being mad at me or thinking she's mad at me.

Rina: Yes! I'm not mad, promise :) and I understand about earlier. I shouldn't have pushed that topic but I think you're the one who's mad.

After I read her message and tried to process those words in my mind, I don't know what to feel about this. But I'm thankful that she understands my situation.

Unlike other people, they are just asking if you're ok or not out of curiosity not concern. And if there's something they have learn from you, they will spread it like a wildfire not thinking the feelings of that certain person.

I reply to her message feeling a little comfortable now of our exchange of messages.

Me: no, I'm not mad. I'm just thinking earlier it's nothing big nor important. Sorry I made you guys worry.

Rina: well, I'm thankful you're not mad at us. And if you ever got bothered again or need some help, don't hesitate to come to me or us :)

That last sentence in her message brought a light feeling to me. Somewhat like, I'm in a dark place where a door opened that released an extreme amount of light that by seeing it, it brought hope and joy. Yeah I know, I'm a bit exaggerated.

Me: thanks :) I never thought that someone will be concerned about me, well except my mom and grandparents :D

Rina: ofcourse we're concerned. That's what friends are for, right?