Chapter 7: Gradually Socializing

A month or two have passed, and I feel more comfortable with Rina and the others. I am not that much distant, as they say, to our classmates anymore.

In a way, Rina taught me to socialize with others but of course she's not conscious about that. She just introduced me to her other friends. I was kind of uncomfortable and awkward at first, but I think I just survived.

Rina, Mami, Tomomi, Anna, Yoko and I are now at the cafeteria.

The usual, Anna and Yoko are the ones who are leading the chitchat while Mami and Tomomi are having their unusual "talk". Rina, on the other hand, is just watching us or watching them and smiling.

"Oi, Haruna" Mami called. I was kind of absent-minded when Mami called me so I just replied a "huh?"

The duo laughed, what's funny? I just furrowed my brows in confusion. I eyed Anna, Yoko and Rina eye questioning them what's going on. They all just shrugged then we looked at the two. Still laughing at whatever they are laughing at.

"Ok, spill it you two." I said in an authoritative tone.

Tomomi is the one who spoke up, "what? This?" She motioned her carton of milk then they laughed again because of her response.

I think they need some mental help. I thought to myself.

The other three, kind of giggled or laughed along. I just shook my head while smiling.

How did I get myself into this group of people in the first place? Even though most of them are wierd, I still get along with them.

I spoke up, "seriously? It's a miracle if you really spill that milk of yours Tomomi. I know how much you love your milk along with your precious cookies." I smirked at her while pointing at her milk and cookies.

Tomomi just pouted at my response. "Let my precious cookies out of this conversation. They might think I'm betraying them." Then she pushed her cookies closer to her and away from me.

We just laughed at Tomomi's gesture.

Mami picked a cookie from Tomomi and in an instant, she placed it in her mouth.

"Hey!" Tomomi shouted in a high-pitched tone that almost everyone in the cafeteria turned to look at us.

"I thought you're my ally! Why'd you eat my cookie?!" Oh boy, Tomomi is turning into a 5-year old kid, alright.

Mami just laughed while still munching the cookie. I heard Tomomi murmured. "I'll get revenge for you Mr. Cookie."

As if on cue, Mami choked and she was about to grab her drink when Tomomi got it first.

These two really have their way to show their friendship to each other.

Mami's begging Tomomi to give back her drink. She's still coughing from the cookie.

"You have to replace that cookie." Tomomi stated, Mami started nodding. "One cookie equals one box of cookies." She added. Then Mami paused a second but nodded in agreement. Then Tomomi let Mami drink.

When Mami can breathe again normally, she spoke. "I thought I was going to die. You can be a murderer because of a cookie, Timo." Mami huffed.

"Well it's your fault, you ate my cookie" Timo responded then stick her tongue out at Mami.

"You two sometimes show weird actions for caring each other." Rina stated.

"I couldn't agree more." I said.

"Well, it's a lesson for us especially Mami, not to eat Timo's cookies" Yoko said while doing those hand gestures.

"Or else, we will die of choking from the cookies." Anna added while giggling.