Chapter 4: A Question

As the chosen combatants train for another few days, some of them rest wondering who their opponent is. Except for a few people.

Naruto remembers Sasuke as he saw Peter leave with Hades, joining them in combat against them. It bothers him as it triggers the memory of Sasuke turning his back at the Leaf Village and joins Orochimaru.

Though he is glad that he has returned in his side while being on a mission alone, the memory still remains in his mind.

"You alright?" A voice came as Naruto looks back and sees Jack floating.

"Hey, uhh..."

"Jack Frost."

"Jack... the names Naruto." Naruto introduced as Jack nods.

"You seem bothered... something wrong?" He asked as Naruto sighs.

"Why did the lion give away his only student from the enemy? Shouldn't it be the opposite?" He asked with concern and confusion in his face.

"You know... honestly I also thought about it. Why did Aslan give away Peter? And what concerns me is whoever his opponent is, one of them might live or die." Jack said with concern on his face as well.

"Why? Do you remember someone joining with the enemy?" He asked Naruto.

Later on, Shang stepped in the conversation as Jack and Naruto looked at him.

"Talking about Peter?" He asked as both nodded.

"It's alright. I'm also thinking the same thing." Shang answers before sitting beside Naruto.

"As a soldier who is a traitor gets the penalty is disgrace or dishonor from the family name. But why did Aslan give away one of our allies? Wouldn't he be dishonored if he joined forces against the enemy?" Shang asked.

"Or would he be ashamed if he did that?" Jack asks.

"You may be concerned about why I sent Peter to Hades." Aslan spoke as Naruto, Jack and Shang looked back and sees the lion behind him.

"Aslan..." Shang knelt quickly as Jack and Naruto did the same.

"There are reasons why such things has happened unexpectedly. Knowing what is happening in the present makes you wonder about the future."

"What do you mean Aslan?" Naruto asked.

"As you go to your journey, you will meet people with different beliefs, different perspectives, and different motives. But... does this even mean that I do not know what will happen? As you journey along the way, you can learn things in life. You may stumble along the journey, but that doesn't mean your journey ends here." Aslan explains.

"Even in the face of your demise, as long as you know your purpose in life is, I will be watching you. The thirteen combatants I chose are those people who I believe will understand what it means when you fight in the arena. And I hope you will find it along the way."

"Wait a minute. That's it!" Jack realizes.

"He sent Peter to Hades for a purpose to face the trials of difficult people."

"What are you talking about Jack?" Shang asks.

"Don't you see? Hades is a difficult person that anyone can encounter. And the enemies we face are also difficult people. Well, not unless Peter will encounter someone who is good, like him." Jack answered.

"Imagine this, I was chosen by the moon for the reason for kids to have fun. I never understood that until I found out who I was. It what's inside my heart that I found my purpose."

"That actually makes sense..."

"And behind all of that, I have to face trials as well. Where the guardians I am with started to get mad at me, because Pitch has destroyed Easter. And I took the consequence, and face Pitch who broke my staff and made me lose my powers. It wasn't easy, but the only thing I can make people do is to believe. Believe that we will defeat our enemies. Even in the face of Death itself." He added making Aslan smile with what Jack has understood.

"Thank you Dear Aslan!"

"With such wise words Jack, it wasn't a mistake that the moon chose you to be one of the guardians." He said as he looks around, seeing Levi, Raya, and Tony looking at them.

"So let me get this straight Mufasa. You sent your student to make him join the shittiest people for him to grow?" Tony says as Levi points his sword at him.

"Watch your language. Aslan has a reason to do so, and Jack explains it perfectly. And it would be a great choice that we fight those gods to save everyone." Levi says plunging his sword and devotes his heart.

"Gather your hearts to the cost."

"Dear Aslan... thank you for choosing us to fight for Humanity's safety." She said placing both of her hands, making a circle and kneels.

"Now... Ragnarok is in four days and you still have some practices to accomplish." Aslan says before roaring from the distant as the fighters stood with honor.

In the Heaven's side, all of the chosen fighters are training and Peter is now clashing swords with Carmilla. But was knocked down by her quickness as the sword almost points at Peter.

"You're still weak kid. I never understood why Aslan chose you as king." She said before walking away.

"Nah... don't worry about it Carmilla. Mr Lion King gave him away to us. He's on our side now, show him some love, long live King Peter, right?" Hades says chilling and drinking in a glass.

"Hey... Peter right?" Stephen approached Peter and helps him get up.

"Yes. And you must be The Moon Knight."

"Uhmm... yeah?"

"I understand... you have three personalities and different names inside you, I won't question you." Peter says giving Stephen a smile.

"You were also sent here, right?" Peter asks as Stephen nods.

"I don't even know why I'm here. All I know was I was chosen to fight humanity and I could either live or die. That's what Hades has told us." Stephen answers as Peter nods.

"So you don't understand why you're here?" He asks and nods.

"Listen... try to find the purpose why you're here. You may be able to find it once you are in the battlefield. Ragnarok will be in four days and people will be watching us soon." Peter advices as Stephen nods.

"Alright! Uhh, Stephen, Marc, Jake, whoever you are. You will be fighting Akuma. So get in there and suit up, this will be a show to remember!" Hades appears as Stephen closes his eyes and later on, opens as Marc transforms into Moon Knight.

"Yes Hades." Moon Knight answers and stood up.

Akuma stood up and did a fighting stance at Moon Knight, as he readies his stance as well.

Moon Knight charges first as Akuma evades as Moon Knight misses the punch, he attempts to counter with a kick as Akuma does a Goshoryuken sending Moon Knight to fly. Moon Knight readies his flight as Akuma fires multiple Gohadoukens at Moon Knight who dodges them with ease. He suddenly gets countered with a Tatsumaki Zankukyaku sending him flying to an edge of the arena.

Moon Knight was able to maintain his balance and dashes at Akuma.

"Wait! Hold on!" Hades stops the training as he gives them a letter.

"Here's a letter for the Omni Kings. It says that there will be a gathering with the humans and the gods with their loved ones." Hades says.

"What if we don't have loved ones to meet?" Akira asks.

"Then you can do whatever you want. But remember, Ragnarok is a battle to the death, and if you die, I take your souls. Got it?" Hades answers.

"Alright then! It's already time for dinner! Good thing Zamasu can bring food to us by just teleporting and setting it while he isn't training. You know what I mean?" He says before teleporting away from the battlefield.

As the Heaven's Fighters walked away, Peter stayed thinking about Ragnarok.

It will happen soon, but he keeps on wondering what will happen next.