Chapter 20: Cold and Dark

"I'll take the ones on the left, then take the ones on the right?"

"Wherever you take them, you will serve me in death. You will see nothing but darkness." Arthas said as the dead souls started charging at him.

Jack first froze a couple with his ice blast and bashed it to be destroyed. While others are on the ground, there are a couple of dead souls with wings who attacked them.

Later on, Jack blasted one of them away from him. But that dead soul was blasted towards Hades.

"Woah! Get away from me you slimy dead wing!" Hades yelled before blasting a fireball at the dead soul.

The dead souls with wings are now chasing Jack as the guardian flies higher where he plans to trick them.

The two dead souls charge Jack at both sides. But Jack decides to drop himself as the souls bump into each other. Jack falls freely and sees a dead soul flying below him. Jack lands on its back, forcing to control it. Jack blasted a lot of ice blast at the dead souls as some of them are in the arena.

"I have to save some of the humans." Jack said and controls the dead soul to fly towards the dead souls that are flying, freezing them and blasting them away to keep the people safe.

"Don't fly around me! Get him! Not me! Follow my fingers!" Hades yelled. After he yelled, Jack froze the dead soul alongside Hades who is now frozen in place.

"The yutz with the wings!" Hades said who is now frozen in his place. Jack suddenly snickers as he remembers that Hades got Peter as his fighter.

"Damn it!" Hades yelled as he melted off the ice around him.

"Are we seeing a one man army fight? I feel like that's happening right now, since Arthas is now summoning dead souls to fight that boy."

"Perhaps it is a one man army Lord Hades!" Pain said who is now shivering with Panic. Hades suddenly groans and watch how the fight commence.

Jack froze the dead soul he is controlling, hitting him with his end staff. He kicked the soul away, falling into Arthas who easily slices it as it shatters.

Jack lands on his feet and seriously stares at Arthas who now summons s couple of shambling horrors who instantly ran towards Jack Frost.

Jack suddenly raises his staff and hits the ground, releasing a strong wind that forces the shambling horrors to fly away from the arena.

Jack jumps and spins around the staff, shooting every single shambling horrors and froze them in an instant, falling and shattering them.

"No more summons Arthas. I want you to face me one on one." Jack said seriously as The Lich King cackles.

"You know nothing, Jack Frost. Now, face the wrath of The Lich King!!!" The Lich King cried out before piercing Frostmourne at the middle, creating a massive stormwave where the arena doesn't see what's going on.

"Oh crikey! That's too much for a snowstorm!" Bunnymund said who is now shivering in the cold.

"I can't feel my feet!"

"Jack! Where are you?!" Jamie yelled.

"Come on Jack. You can do it." North said with a whisper.

The people in the arena are now confused about what is happening, since the snowstorm overwhelmed the arena, making them not see the fight.

Jack is now flying around the arena, but there is no Lich King in sight because of the snowstorm he caused.

Jack suddenly shoots a couple of ice blasts around, but nothing was hit. With that, Jack landed on his feet as his staff glows and bashes the wind as much as he could.

Later on, he looked down as a shadow appears in his feet. It suddenly exploded as Jack was seen flying away from the attack.

Jack landed safely, but Arthas teleports behind him and kicks Jack, causing the guardian to fall.

"You will suffer Jack Frost. I already know your weakness." Arthas said before slashing a powerful attack, forcing Jack to back away, and fly.

"What did you do?"

"Telling you your fate!" Arthas said before rushing at Jack. Arthas threw an ice blast at Jack, freezing him in place. But Jack's staff glows brighter and destroyed the the ice surrounding him. After he did that, Arthas grabbed the staff from Jack and broke it as the guardian yelled, losing it's power.

The guardians were shocked at what happened, but Jamie suddenly got worried about Jack's condition. What if he died in this battle?  How will the kids believe when a guardian dies in Ragnarok.

Arthas kicked Jack away, crashing him into a snow and walking with his broken staff. He used Frostmourne to create a gap in the arena they are standing where Jack is lying on the ground, the ground shakes and Jack falls from the cliff.

The Lich King threw the staff of the guardian and believed he will remain victorious. He aims his staff at Jack and plans to take it's soul.

"Darkness..." Jack said as he is now floating in the dark.

"It looks like we're back from the beginning." He added as he continues floating.

"It was cold... and dark... I couldn't even move a muscle."

As he continues floating, a voice from a distant is heard.

"Jack!"

"Am I going to die?" He asked.

"Jack!!"

The voice suddenly gets louder and louder.

Later on, a flashback of Jack and his sister shone upon his eyes.

"Jack! I'm scared!" Mary said who is shivering with fear.

"I know, I know. You're gonna be alright." Jack said, assuring her that she will be alright.

"We're gonna have a little fun instead." He added.

"Fun... yeah... mankind will have a little fun."