Chapter 9: Observation

With Raya dead, all of tribes of Kumandra started unsheathing their weapons as they charge against the vampiress who still has blood in her body.

Meanwhile, Naruto, Jack, and Shang are shocked that one of their comrades has died in combat. Jack saw how ruthless her opponent was when she starts killing some members of Kumandra one by one. Until they were halted by Heimdall.

"This is getting bad if I'm being honest." Jack says with worry on his eyes.

"Raya died already. What's next?" Shang asks.

"I don't know, but things are getting bad honestly. I mean, Aslan says this doesn't mean a guarantee win. But, boy I'm nervous." Naruto answers.

Later on... Hades is sitting on his throne and grabs some of the dead souls of the Kumandra warriors, including Raya who are now floating in the air.

"Oh cool! More souls than one! I'm taking this!" Hades says grabbing the souls and teleporting to the underworld where the souls will stay. As Hades gets back, he sat back and sipped wine.

"We still have a lot of time to relax boys." Hades assures while Pain and Panic are grinning from their ears.

"You gotta be excited for the next fight because one particular guy interests me to make him fight one of them."

"Who will be fighting boss?" Pain asks?

"Yeah... who is fighting?"

Hades smiles and remembers how interested he is to a particular someone.

Flashback

Hades is now walking towards a distant and hears voices from afar. He walks through it and sees Peter talking to Marc.

"You met a talking lion? That's cool, I just met a hippo with an Egyptian suit that scared me and Stephen for a moment." He answers making Peter laugh.

"You know... I have a question Marc." Peter says making Marc look at him.

"What made you turn into Moon Knight? And why does Moon Knight kill?" He asks as Marc suddenly closes his eyes.

As he opens his eyes, he stares at Peter menacingly and looks away. Hades is now realizing that he notices the differences between Stephen, Marc, and Jake.

"I only came here to fight whoever is standing in my way." Jake answers.

"Marc?"

"It's Jake..."

"Right, different person." Peter answers as he looks at Jake.

"I intend to kill if it's necessary. It's the only way for me to win." Jake answers in a cold tone.

"But if anyone stands in the way, I can kill easily."

Hades suddenly grins thinking that Moon Knight is an interesting fighter. He can be one of his priced combatants due to having three people in one body.

As Hades moves, he teleports behind Pain and Panic who are sitting down and doing nothing.

"Hey..."

"AAHHH!!! BOSS!!!" Pain and Panic yells with a startle.

"Calm down, calm down. I'm not mad or frustrated. But I want you to keep an eye on someone here." Hades says making them think.

"Who???" Panic asks.

"Yeah, who is it boss?" Pain asks also making him grin.

"I want you to keep an eye on Mr. Moon Knight over there." He says with a grin in his face.

Later on, Pain and Panic followed what Hades says and observes Moon Knight who is training without them noticing. They approached Hades and tells him that he is only training.

As Moon Knight turns into Stephen, this is where Hades appears in front of him.

"Hades!!" Stephen greets with a startle.

"How are you doing buddy?" Hades asks him.

"Nothing much... just preparing for the fight."

"Hey, listen here. I like you. I mean, not the likey like where I fall in love with you, of course. But you are the most interesting fighter I observe here. You have three people inside this singular body of yours, you change yourself without others noticing, and you're odd in a good way." Hades compliments him making Stephen nod.

"I wish you could win in this fight. But here's the thing, you are friends with Peter who has a lion on his side, I don't know if it's a teacher or a pet. But that lion, is no ordinary lion. That lion is a god himself. You know what I mean?" He added.

"There's a lion who is a god himself?" Stephen asks.

"Yeah, so the task I want you to do is, keep an eye on pretty boy over here." Hades says showing him Peter.

"Make sure he doesn't do anything stupid or what because I don't kinda like the guy. But if he's not in our side, then our team wouldn't be complete. So keep an eye on him somehow. Got it?"

"Why? Peter seems nice."

"Well sometimes, the person who you thought is nice claims to be a traitor or an idiot. But that doesn't matter, keep an eye on pretty boy for me, got it?" Hades says before Stephen looks down and thinks.

"Alright. It's up to you then. Just promise me you'll if you're gonna fight next." He added before teleporting away.

Stephen didn't do anything and walked away from the training area while thinking what Hades has said.

End of Flashback

Hades realizes that Moon Knight is next so he teleports behind Moon Knight and taps his shoulder.

"Hey, Moon Knight... you're up." He said smiling at Moon Knight.

"Good luck buddy. I am rooting for you." He said before teleporting as Moon Knight walks through Heaven's gate.

Hades teleports back in his seat and Pain and Panic approaches him who is smiling from his ears.

"Who's next, boss?" Pain asks.

"Yeah! Who's next? Is it someone interesting?"

"Yes boys... the next one will be interesting."