4.1

Hayley

calyum: you know what friends do?

leyhay: i've never had a friend i have no idea

leyhay: pls tell

calyum: i have an appointment today

calyum: in need of friend support

leyhay: m8 don't worry i'll come with

calyum: good stuff cheers bruv

Hayley hated the awkward texts and the stuff that came with being friends with Calum. He'd call her bro or mate when all she really wanted to slip of his lips were baby, love, princess. Still, she played along. It was better being friends than being nothing. Whatever he wanted from her, she'd give it to him.

And today he needed a friend.

"I hate going to these," Calum grunted.

"It might help though. Do you have to come here a lot?"

"Yeah, once a week since the incident," he said. "But there are only a few ones left."

Although they had agreed on being nothing more than friends, Hayley found it incredibly hard to not sneak glances at the boy walking next to her. She wanted to put her hand around his waist and hold him close. There was a gap at her shoulders where his arm should be rested.

She was a hot mess, and so was the trashed t-shirt he was wearing (in which Calum was a mere half inch away from a cheeky nipple reveal and Hayley really wasn't complaining). How could she be anything but subtle with the way she was checking him out?

If Hayley would ever do drugs, she was convinced it still wouldn't give her the same high as Calum could.

"I'll be like an hour, will you be okay?"

"I'll wait outside," Hayley said. The clinic was really starting to freak her out. There was something about the bowls of free condoms, the ladies in white and the silence of the room full of teenagers that freaked her out. "Do you want me to get you anything from the shop? Post shrink sweets or something?"

Calum was obviously nervous; Hayley had noticed the way he kept running his teeth over his lower lip. He gave her a smile. "What do you think I am, five?"

She shrugged, watching him disappear into one of the rooms. "It was only an offer."

✿ ✿ ✿

Hayley was sat on the steps outside the youth clinic, munching Haribo's as she waited for Calum to finish his shrink session.

Some kid on a skateboard was staring at her as he went past, and Hayley was about to throw a gummy bear with its head bitten off at him, when she spotted two people walking in her direction.

The girl, munching on crisps accompanied by a tall, black haired guy coming towards her caused Hayley to freeze.

"Hayley? What are you doing here?" the brunette asked.

"I'm here with Calum. Are you guys alright?"

Michael gave her a slight nod. "We're just getting help to deal with the traumatic stress of the... you know," he said.

Apparently abortion was a word you couldn't say out loud. Macy seemed upset by the mere mention of it.

"You okay?"

"Yeah. At least I don't have to go to these sessions on my own."

"To be fair, I was pretty involved, so I wouldn't let you go alone," Michael said to her.

Hayley looked at Michael, giving him a reassuring smile. He was making things right. "Nice hair," she said to take the conversation away from the abortion. "Although purple was always my favourite."

"Black, like my soul."

The shorter girl stood quiet, only breaking her stillness when reaching into the packet for a couple of crisps and stuffing them into her mouth. She has a sad look on her face, and although things were awkward between them since the revelations, Hayley couldn't help but do what she would have done when they were still close.

"Sorry for acting like a bitch," Macy said when Hayley pulled her into a hug she wasn't expecting.

"It's not your fault, I should have seen what was going on. I'm sorry about not being there when you needed me. I was so selfish, and I'm so so sorry."

"Are you and Calum okay? You're not pregnant, are you? They have condoms in there if you need them, tons of them. Just grab some in case–"

"We're not together anymore, he's talking to someone about the alcohol incident."

"Oh, right."

Michael reminded them that he was still there, and the two girls pulled away from their hug. "Are you and Calum together?"

"We're friends."

"As if."

"What?"

"You two won't be able to be just friends for long. Give it a few days, and I swear you won't be able to keep yourself from pouncing at him. I'll see you at the wedding?"

"Don't you guys have somewhere to be?" Hayley rolled her eyes at Michael trying to give her relationship advice.

"We do. Mike, stop messing with her head. She's confused enough already."

"I'm not confused."

"Really? You don't even like gummy bears," Macy said, laughing. And with that, her and Michael left Hayley to sit alone in silence, chewing the sweets she didn't even like.

✿ ✿ ✿

Calum wandered out and sat down next to her on the steps a while later. Hayley noticed he looked a lot lighter, happier than earlier.

She held out the sweets for him.

"Saved some for you. I figured although you don't look five, you're still five at heart."

"Ah, sweet," Calum said, a wide smile on his face. Excitably dipping his hand into the bag, he fished up a few of the bears. "These are the best."

-

how long until they get back together? place your bets people!

lol at macy always eating something

michael is groot i love him

thank you guys for 1M you are all amazing and i love you all so much

~lauren