character answers

Calum
Lauren looked at Calum, who was biting nervously on his lower lip. The brown haired boy was clearly uncomfortable where he sat in his chair.

"Just ask the questions," he mumbled.

"Okay," Lauren agreed. "What the fuck are you doing?"

"What?"

"No, that's a question."

"Oh. Ehm, not sure to be honest. Still trying to figure it out myself."

"Do you like chicken?"

"Yes."

"Who the fuck do you think you are?"

"Why are you so rude, like, I'm trying my best okay? I have problems, I know."

"Why don't you try to be nice, and not start a fight?"

"Like I said, I have problems, okay? I'm trying to work through them, though."

"Another person says you need to get your shit together, man," Lauren reads off the paper in her hands.

"I agree, man."

"We have a few marriage proposals, how do you feel about that?"

"Not sure if you'd want to marry someone as messed up as me. Besides, I've got Hayley so I'm, like, taken."

"Some people say you should stop hiding the fact that you're asi--"

"I'm not asian," Calum cuts the blonde girl with purple dip dye off, squinting his eyes. It seems she's touched a sensitive subject. "I'm fucking kiwi."

"Think of Ashton naked, it makes me feel better."

"Ew," he cringes in his seat. "That's a mental image I didn't want."

Lauren leans forward. "We're getting into the juicy stuff now," she says. "Do you have really, really strong feelings for Hayley?"

The boy blushes slightly, biting his teeth together to keep him from smiling too widely when Hayley's name is mentioned. "I like her."

"How did Hayley react when she saw your di-"

Calum's eyes widened, and he twitched. "That's personal." Still, he lets a tiny smile appear on his lips, licking his lower one.

Hayley

Hayley leaned back, making herself comfortable in the chair. She looked nonchalant, yet there was an aura of awkwardness around her, suggesting she was merely putting up a front of confidence.

"Why do you think things happened so easily with Michael?"

"We had a connection. We have the same insecurities, and we can relate to each other. I guess it was something we had to try, or else there would always be a question mark about whether or not it would be something more than a friendship."

"I think you and Michael should hook up, just saying."

"Definitely not. We both realised we're better off as friends. If we hooked up that'd be weird."

"You need to help Calum out. Don't go with Mikey."

"I know," she says, a sad look on her face.

Lauren doesn't want to pressure her too much, as the blonde girl seems she's about to break. "Are you okay?"

"Not sure, I'm quite confused about things lately."

"Calum really loves you. It's just hard for him. He probably got jealous that you left him for Michael. That's why he had sex with Alyssa," Lauren reads from her paper and Hayley drags in a sharp breath at the mention of Alyssa. "He can't control his feelings well becauase this never happened to him before. He never got so close into loving someone, he didn't even talk to his crushes. Don't let him go."