deleted scene 0.3

when Calum wakes up in the hospital, he realises Hayley doesn't want to see him

"I'm so sorry, mum," Calum cried, his voice croaky from all the tubes and the vomit. His body felt heavy against the thin mattress.

"What made you do this to yourself? If it weren't for that girl, you could've died." She was still holding his hand, pressing it tightly, as if to make sure that he was alive and had a pulse.

"Where'd she go?"

"The blonde? She's out there with Luke," she said. "They're waiting to see you. They've been here all night."

Calum slowly moved his head, as much as he could manage without it hurting too much. His eyes locked with Hayley's. And then she turned around, and left.

"Where did she go?" Calum managed to croak out when Luke entered the room. "Will she come back?"

Luke gave him a sad look. "She said she had to go. I'm sorry, mate. How are you doing?"

"A lot worse now."

"She saved your life, Cal."

There were tears rolling down Calum's cheeks as he prayed for a second chance. Maybe it was too much to ask, she had already saved him once.

The latest texts from Alyssa asking to meet up were still unanswered, and while it was tempting for Calum to respond and get the attention and affection he craved, he knew it would be wrong.

"Tell her I regret it."