0.8

Hayley

"How am I supposed to entertain them for five hours? I'm terrible with children!"

Hayley was trying to get her way out of babysitting her cousins. And she was getting absolutely nowhere. It sucked, although she could really use the extra money.

"Play some games or something, give them the wifi password, I don't know? Look, honey, I really have to go now."

"Fine. Leave me to die here." Being overly dramatic was a talent Hayley had acquired over the years.

"You won't die. There's food in the fridge," her mum said, knowing how to deal with the constant sarcasm. "Stop being silly."

"Fine, I'll do it."

After a quick trip to the closest toy store, Hayley had decided Twister would be enough to amuse two six-year-olds for a while. She'd played it when she was younger and although it wasn't the most exciting thing in the world, it would have to do.

She figured it was easier to just spin the thingy and let them play; getting involved in some sort of video game or even hide and seek required effort and patience. Hayley had close to none.

It was a hit.  Hayley spun the arrow and sat back, sipping her lemonade. She felt very accomplished. She was doing the least amount of work she could, the children were happy and most importantly - she was getting paid.

At seven, her aunt had picked the two children up and Hayley was alone again. Not even bothering to put the colourful mat away, she resorted to lazily watch the music channel. As per, she couldn't keep herself from singing along.

It didn't take long before there was a knock on the door. Having an idea of who it could be, she looked once into the mirror before walking over. Calum. It was as if her singing automatically brought him to her door. She couldn't hide the fact that somewhere, deep inside, she felt happy. She hadn't seen his face since that time he'd let himself into her flat drunk.

But her effort to fix herself up was pointless. It wasn't Calum at the door. To her own surprise, Hayley felt disappointed. "Hello?"

The purple haired boy Calum had referred to as Michael smiled widely at her. "Hey, songbird!"

"Hey there," a tall, blond one said, pushing Michael out of the way. Michael pushed back, swearing at the blond to get his fucking hands off of him.

Behind him, another face Hayley hadn't seen before appeared. "Is that a Twister mat?" He sounded excited, hazel eyes lit up as he focused on something in the background. His curls were a bit out of place, adding to his carefree appearance.

Although Hayley knew there was one in the lounge, the curly haired boy's exclamation had made her turn around. "Um... Yeah?"

"Are you playing Twister by yourself?" the bright haired one asked, letting her know that he thought it was weird.

And there, stood to the side, she found Calum's eyes.

"No," Hayley said, pretending to be offended by Michael's accusation. "I'm not playing Twister by myself." She mimicked him perfectly, gaining laughs from Calum and the other two.

The excited one kept looking at the others, as if to tell them something. "Can we play?"

"Guys let's play!" bright blue eyes pushed by her and into the lounge.

And then suddenly three boys who wanted to play the game Hayley had bought occupied the flat - a buy she now deeply regretted. She had gotten it to entertain kids - not four teenage lads. Having spent the whole afternoon with children, she had expected a quiet evening. Nope, with four boys in her flat, that was never going to happen. Great. Just brilliant.

"I'm sorry," Calum said. He had been hiding in the doorway, and as the other three rushed into he flat, he stayed behind. "I tried to tell them it wasn't a good idea to come here, you know."

Hayley felt a bit annoyed. Did this boy ever do anything else besides apologising? Before she could let him know that it was okay (when it actually wasn't and she wanted the other three idiots out of her flat ASAP) someone called for her.

"Hey twister girl, come play!"

"I don't play," Hayley told the guy with the crazy hair, not liking the new nickname he'd given her. "But if I did I'd probably beat you all."

Calum snickered at that. "You don't understand," he said to her. "They get very competitive."

"Psh, lies. I'm very flexible, you know," Luke said, stretching his legs apart whilst making an attempt at a sexy face.

"Mate, close your legs," Ashton complained.

Looking over at Calum, Hayley laughed at the way he was scrunching up his nose. "That's a fact I didn't want to know," he said, wishing his friends would stop acting stupid in front of her.

"Oh shut up Calum, you're checking my legs out all the time! You just won't admit it."

"I really don't," he mumbled.

Hayley sighed, "You guys are worse than the kids I just finished babysitting."

Michael spun the arrow. "You know you want to play. You're just afraid of losing," he said, looking at Hayley.

Maybe she should take offense. But being competitive as she was, Hayley didn't like hearing it. "I'm doing you a favour by not playing. Like I said, I'd probably beat you all."

"Prove it."

"Fine. Spin it."   

-

ITS GETTING HOT IN HERE so take off all ur clothes

omg flexible luke what

you know a lot can happen during a game of twister oops

~lauren