3.2

Hayley

She was sat cross-legged on his bed when he came back, damp hair sticking out all over and cheeks flushed pink. A few droplets of water rushed down his face, Calum pushing a hand through his hair to make it stop.

"I'm back," he announced, as if she had missed his return, popping his lips into his mouth.

He'd covered his body with a dark t-shirt, which was completely unnecessary if you asked Hayley; she'd enjoyed watching his bare chest. She'd enjoyed touching him as well, and found it a bit cute and funny how he'd rushed away to take care of whatever problem was arising when she'd teased him before.

"Is your mum home?" Hayley played with the hem of the flannel, not knowing what to do with her hands. She felt awkward, having thought about the risk of his mother having heard what had been going on last night.

"Nope," Calum replied, seemingly not wanting to give any more details.

Hayley felt relieved. Her mind was clouded but she was pretty sure she'd been calling Calum's name once or twice, or a few times.

He'd been careful but steady. She'd been loud. Oops. Hayley had tried keeping herself in control, but it wasn't easy when Calum had pushed all the right buttons. Although it felt right at the time, and she was unable to control the sounds and words slipping past her lips, she felt slightly self-conscious now.

"Don't worry." He must have caught on to what she was getting at. Giving her a small smirk, Calum sat down next to her on the bed. "I guess we're pretty loud, though," he hummed, chewing on his lip to keep his smile from growing any wider.

Hayley pushed him in the arm. "Hey, I—"

"Don't worry," Calum said again, letting her fall into his chest, holding her. He let his fingers reach out to play with her hair. "I liked it."

"She's not home much, is she?" In an attempt to change the subject, Hayley tried once again to get the boy to open up. She had only seen his mum twice in the time she'd known him.

"No," he said shrugging it off like it was no big deal. "It's fine. Just gets a bit lonely sometimes."

Hayley wanted to scream, because although he was trying to hide it, she could hear in his voice how broken he was. She could see it now; it was so obvious. Not only had Calum struggled, but he'd done so on his own. "Was that why you. . ?"

He sat silent for a while, and Hayley thought he was ignoring the question. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't bring that back up." she said quickly, not wanting to offend him, "I just–"

She knew it was unfair to make assumptions, and unfair to push him for answers if he wasn't ready. Hayley only wanted to be close to him, and thought that if she could finally figure him out, things would be okay.

"It sounds fucked up, but I guess I was looking for attention? I wanted her to see me. To see that I wasn't okay. It was sort of a scream for help, I guess, doing all the stupid shit."

Although Hayley was wondering what stupid shit he was referring to, she didn't ask. Maybe it was smoking weed, maybe it was sleeping with Alyssa or getting himself a trip to the hospital; Hayley wasn't sure, but if the list was longer, she didn't want to know. "I'm here for you."

He looked up, a hint of a smile showing at his lips, but it died down not long after. "I fuck things up all the time, though," Calum sighed, head rested against hers.

"Don't fuck this up then."

"I'll try not to."

"I won't let you fuck anything up." She kissed his cheek, then his lips. "If you promise not to let me fuck it up."

"Deal." His hands moved to tug at the flannel she was wearing. "You look good in my clothes," he confessed, having pulled back a little. His eyelashes fluttered, shyly as he glanced to meet her eyes.

"Mmm," she hummed against his lips when he tried to take it off. "Thought it was too revealing?"

"Too revealing for Luke's eyes. Not for mine," he smirked innocently, interrupting whatever comeback she'd have with another kiss to her lips. "I didn't want him looking at my girl."

"Of course," she whispered, lifting her hands up so he could take it off. Calum threw the flannel to the side, eyes still on Hayley. Her heart fluttered at the words he'd said. His girl.

"I think you look so perfect in this."

She blushed at his comment. Never before had she been called perfect, and she knew she was far from it. Still, it was nice having the word slip from his lips. "Calum."

"Yeah?"

"You said I was your girl."

His hands stopped, holding still at her hips. "Is that okay?"

She found it endearing how shy and self-conscious he got sometimes. It had taken her a while to realise that he had actually called her his girl, and as it sunk in, Hayley felt her heart jump.

"Yeah," she breathed, trying to slow her heart beat down. It didn't work. Calum had that effect on her. "Perfect."

With her approval, Calum moved his fingers to brush through her hair at the back of her neck. "I wanna make this right," he said. "I wanna take you out."

"Where would you take me?"

"Somewhere cheap cause I have no money," he giggled against her cheek, pressing a kiss to the hot skin, tinted pink.

"Romantic."

"I tried."

With his whole face formed into a bright smile, Hayley couldn't help but smile with him. She hit his shoulder lightly. "Idiot."

"I heard you liked idiots, though," he said.

"No, but I do like you."

-

so mikey was right when he said she would be a loud one

calum liked it

oops

looking for a new cover for this btw pm me if youre interested in helping me hehe

~lauren