0.3

Calum

They were almost always hanging out in Luke's basement; it was no big deal. What was a big deal, however, was the way Michael had turned the Green Day song down. Apparently, what he needed to say had to be heard clearly. For extra effect, he stood up, arms folding across his band-shirted chest.

"This is an intervention," he announced.

Luke, Ashton and Michael were all looking at Calum, who felt confused and a bit singled out. "What?"

"When are you going to finally do it?" Michael asked.

"Please, Mikey, stop," Calum cringed away, hiding his face in his hands to hide the blush that was rather quickly creeping up his cheeks.

He probably should have seen this one coming. His three friends were constantly bringing up the fact that he was the only one in their group who had yet to experience, well... the thing.

It wasn't that he didn't want to. Not at all. It just hadn't happened. Not yet, anyway. Michael, Luke and Ashton - had joked around about helping Calum get rid of it for a few months already. Now was the time, apparently.

"No, listen up virgin boy."

"Don't ever call me that."

"It's true though," Luke piped up, smirking. "Isn't it?" he added, now less certain. Looking from Michael to Calum, he searched for support.

Although Luke's sudden uncertainty whether Calum had lost it or not gave him an opportunity to deny, it was already too late. He was blushing like never before, and it gave him away. Big time. Calum grabbed one of the cushions and pushed his face into it, continuing to hide from the other lads.

"Yes," he said, muffled by the soft fabric.

"What was that?" Ashton, who hadn't said much asked, poking his friend in the side.

"Yes! Fine. Ok. You're right. You guys done pestering me yet?"

Michael grinned. "Calum," he said, patting Calums back. "You need help."

"I don't."

"But you do."

"Fuck's sake, would you please just fuck off!" He scratched his neck, trying to make his nervous hands stop fidgeting. "You guys are so fucking rude all the time!"

"That's an awful lot of fucks for someone who's never had one," said Luke, trying to bite back the smirk playing on his face, but failing. He grinned.

Sometimes it was just so easy, and he would never not take the opportunity to make fun of his friend's current status. It didn't take long for Michael to break by the statement made. High-fiving his blond, quiffed friend, he complimented him on such a magical comeback.

Ashton, still sat next to Calum on the sofa, pressed his shoulder. "We're gonna help you. Don't you want to get laid?"

A giggle erupted from behind the cushion, which Calum once again had used to hide his face. Why couldn't they just leave him alone? "Oh my god, guys. What the hell?"

"Yes or no?" Michael wondered, not quite sure if Calum's giggling fit meant yes or no.

"I told you, I don't need any help." Calum reached for the remote to the sound system, and turned the music back on. The virgin intervention was over.

Luke raised his hands in defeat. "Fine. I'm ordering a Dominos, who else wants some? I'm hungry," he said, reaching for his phone and then leaving the room.

"Me! Luke, get me one as well, yeah?" Michael called after him, hoping he had been heard over the music. Turning once more to Calum, he put his serious face on. "The offer is still there, mate. Think about it." Then, he left to catch up with Luke, making sure he got his order of pizza as well.

And think about it, Calum would. He would think a lot about this. He would give it so much thought that he felt himself turning inside out. This one thing that had been placed in Calum's mind had already started to eat at him, and it wouldn't stop.

It wasn't until Calum was alone later that night, really thinking about it, that he understood what it all actually meant. The thoughts were keeping him awake once again. He felt quite flustered as he stared at the ceiling, weighing the pros and cons of what his friends had been offering. If he agreed, he'd get laid. If he didn't, well, simple ­– he wouldn't.

The faint humming from downstairs became the soundtrack of his thoughts.

Still, the fact that he didn't have a girlfriend didn't exactly help. It massively was a problem, because even if he did say yes, who would he sleep with? Would they get him a stripper? A prostitute? What the hell? But then again, although it sounded crazy, Calum found that he wouldn't be surprised by that.

It was exactly the type of thing his friends would do for a laugh. Knowing Michael, Luke and Ashton and their love for pranks, Calum supposed this was set up for one. It would be so easy for them if he said yes.

And what if he said no? His friends would never let him hear the end of it. They were already teasing him. Also, he'd be a virgin forever.

Like, forever. He'd be like the forty-year-old virgin in real life. Fanfuckingtastic.

Calum never really spoke to girls he liked. They made him stutter. Looking like an idiot was the last thing he wanted to do, so he usually would just keep his distance. There was no way he'd ever be able to do it in his own.

He wasn't confident enough when it came down to it.

Still, he couldn't shake the fact that if they guys did set him up, he'd lose it to some stranger. It wasn't what he had imagined it to be like. No, he wasn't going to lose it to a random girl. Maybe it was naïve or silly but Calum wanted his first time to be special.