1.3

Luke

It was the kind of day to hang around the pool. The heat wave had struck, and as it was too hot to find the energy to do anything else. Good thing Ashton's house had one.

Luke had invited a girl he'd met at a club a few nights ago, knowing as Ashton had his girlfriend over since the two girls were friends. Their impromptu pool party was a great idea. Sun, drinks and a pretty girl, Luke couldn't have wished for anything else.

Calum did look quite miserable, though. He had barely talked at all since getting to Ashton's. Luke wondered why he looked as if he was having the worst time of his life. 

Luke figured it was because of Hayley. Like, who would leave a party to take care of a drunk girl unless they really liked them? Calum had totally left Alyssa on her own just to take care of her. Also, Calum had hinted they'd had sex, so maybe that was why Calum was acting different.

"Cal, is Hayley coming?" He took a gulp from the cold drink in his hand, pushing the sunglasses further up on his nose.

"No?"

"Why not? Calum, you should get Hayley to come over."

"He would," Michael said, shooting Calum a grin. "Make her come, that is."

They had been waiting a while to finally make this joke. Michael and himself had laid it up perfectly. It had become sort of their mission to always take the opportunity to embarrass him. Calum was their little brother, and that's how their relationship worked. Calum was cringing away in his chair.

"Mate, if you don't invite her I will." Luke reached for his phone, scrolling through the list of names until he reached the one he was looking for. Calum would have never done it himself, and Luke figured he needed a little push.

"You're not," Calum protested.

"Oh but I am." He pressed call, and listened to the signals go through. When she replied, he shoved the phone to Calum's ear. It was too late for him to get out of it now. Job well done.

Calum

Nobody questioned the fact that Michael refused to get into the pool. The boy was like a cat; he hated water. But Hayley seemed to be doing the same thing, and it did bother Calum a little bit. She was spending all day with Michael.

Hayley had barely even acknowledged Calum's existence, and to be quite honest, he felt left out. Plus, he didn't feel exactly comfortable with the idea that his friend was talking to her about whatever they were discussing. It was intimidating. Michael had already dropped Calum in it when he'd asked Hayley about wether or not they'd slept together. 

The two other girls, Ashton's girlfriend and Luke's whatever she was, were already in the pool. They were playing around, the boys splashing them while they all laughed. Hayley sat at the side with Michael, flipping through a magazine. Calum wished she'd get in as well. It would make him feel a bit less awkward and lonely.

As Calum heaved himself up at the edge, resting his elbows over the tiles to keep still, he tried to hear what the two were talking about. It wasn't easy. They were talking in low voices, the exchange too intense to pick up on. Judging by Michael's face, he seemed a bit concerned.

Their conversation ended, and Michael walked over. "Hey."

"What's up? She okay?"

Oh no. What if she was having her time of the month? A bit grossed out, Calum tried to not think about that. Maybe she was. What if she actually was? Nope, nope, nope.

"Yeah, um, just a question."

"What?"

Don't say it. Michael could say literally anything. Just not that. Calum didn't want to know. He really didn't want to hear about it. Please. Fucking hell, just please don't let it be about lady things or times of the month. Please please please.

"Do you have, like, a spare shirt?"

"Yeah, it's in my bag, why?" Calum did feel like slapping himself in the face for being an idiot. He really was relieved though that it wasn't any period problems, though. That would have been so awkward!

"Could I have it?"

Calum found it a bit strange, but didn't question it. They borrowed clothes from each other all the time. He wondered why Michael felt the need to ask for permission this time. Normally, he would have just taken it. "Uh, sure?"

"Great, thanks."

Watching as Michael walked off and gestured for Hayley to come inside, Calum couldn't help but feel a bit jealous. What were they planning? She hurried after the purple haired boy, following him into the house.

And when the two got back out, Hayley was wearing the shirt Michael had asked for. Holy hell she was wearing his shirt. It wasn't too big. Since she was tall, it fell just below her hips, moving up slightly as she moved. Damn. In the large armholes, her bikini top was showing. The white fabric stood out against her soft skin. It really wasn't fair. She looked good, and he felt so embarrassed for not being able to tear his eyes away.

She walked over, sitting at the edge with her legs in the pool. "Sorry, Michael said it was okay."

"Yeah, it's fine. Looks good on you," he managed, giving him best attempt at not showing how his breaths were uneven and his heart beat running away.

It was more than fine. Her wearing his shirt was in fact making things get a bit, well, hot and stuff. Calum had to really try not to stare, but it wasn't easy. She looked so damn good in that shirt, and she probably didn't know what she was doing to him but shit was he getting carried away.

Away, away, away. Go away.

At least the sun had coloured his cheeks red, which made it easier to hide his blush. So lucky he was in the pool and nobody knew what was going on down under.

"Want a drink?"

"I'm okay, thank you" he said, not being able to really move. There was no way he'd get out of the pool. Nope. He'd have to stay in there until it was over.

"Do you mind if this gets wet?"

No. She really was teasing him now, although her straight face told him she wasn't aware of what she had just said. It really didn't make his situation any easier. "No, it's okay. Get in here."

Calum opened his arms for her to hold on to. She put her hands at his shoulders, him supporting her as she got into the pool.

-

calum needs to calm down bless him

the boy is excited, needs a cold shower

aw what do we think about sweet michael sorting his friends out he's so lovely !

~lauren