deleted scene 0.5

the morning after Ashton's wedding, Hayley and Calum wake up in her bed

"Are you awake?" Calum mumbled into Hayley's cheek, pressing a light kiss onto the flushed skin. Her face was slightly warm and rosy, her back pressing into his body as he held her close. "I haven't got my things here, I need to go back to Luke and Michael's."

Before going back to hers the night before, they'd stopped at the flat Muke shared, just so Calum could get some clothes. He refused doing the walk of shame in a suit and a wrinkly shirt. In his rush, he'd definitely forgot some stuff, though.

"But I'm tired and I wanna hug you." She turned around in his embrace and held him close, arms around his torso and refusing to let go. It felt just like old times.

"Is your mum home?"

"You don't have to sneak out," she said. "We're not seventeen anymore."

"Hayley, please," Calum moved to sit up on the bed. He reached for his jeans in the bag and started to dress himself. "It will be really awkward."

"It won't be awkward. She knows you're here, I'm pretty sure. Let's go see her."

"Now?" Rubbing at his eye, Calum wondered if he even looked decent enough to meet her mother for the first time in years. He surely smelled of sex, and so did she - they both did, obviously. His hair was ruffled and legs still felt like jelly just by thinking about Hayley.

Actually, only looking at her with his dress shirt buttoned half way up her chest was giving him a hard on once again. It was definitely the wrong time to meet her mum.

"She probably hates me right? For leaving you?"

"Calum, she doesn't hate you. Let's go talk to her. Then get back into bed and I'll cuddle the hell out of you."

"I can't right now."

"Jesus, Cal." She gave him her signature laugh, loud and infectious. "Make it go away, quick. You're meeting my mother, that's so inappropriate!"

Eyes screwed shut and brain running on full speed, flashing images of death, hospital beds and needles, Calum tried hard to tame the issue. It didn't work very well, as Hayley was getting dressed practically in front of him. She let his shirt drop to the floor and reached for a hoodie.

"I have this old Green Day shirt, do you think it'll fit you?"

"That's mine!" Calum said, and remembered he'd given her that shirt the first time she'd stayed at his. As it had become Hayley's favourite, he'd never gotten it back.

"I know," she said. "I've used it to sleep in."

"So you've missed me?"

"Of course I have, idiot." She zipped her hoodie up and pulled her hair out. Grabbing the body spray from her bedside table, Hayley sprayed it vigorously in his direction. Calum laughed slightly, watching her sniff around and then spraying some more, directly at him.

"Thanks for that," he managed between coughs of sweet vanilla and flowers.

Hayley just smirked, "Anything to cover up the smell of your sweat."

"I don't smell. You smell."

"I smell of you," she said, shooting him a smile as she pulled the sleeves over her hands, brought one to her nose and sniffed the end of it. "Don't worry, she won't mind."

"You sure?"

"Yes. Is your problem solved?"

"Nope, not really." Calum looked down, and was reminded of what problem she was talking about. He didn't want to meet her mother whilst having an awkward half boner.

"You're hopeless. It's like you're still a teenager." Hayley rolled her eyes, but shot him a smile.

"How about we cuddle some more and deal with everything else later?"

"Sounds good," she said, climbing back into bed.