deleted scene 0.6

seventeen year old Calum wants to talk to Hayley rather than finish his homework

"Cal, I'm doing my homework, I can't talk right now," Hayley sighed into the phone. He was distracting her at school already, and the truth was, her grades had dropped a lot lately. If she didn't fix it somehow, she knew wouldn't be accepted to university.

"But it's too quiet. I wanna hear your voice," he whined, and Hayley could hear the pout of his lips. The lips she'd been kissed by just hours earlier; the lips she craved every second of every day.

"That's funny. Weren't you the one who'd always tell me to shut up?"

"Only because the guys were laughing at you. You're not that bad."

"You're just saying that because you're my boyfriend." She rolled her eyes, but couldn't help but smile at his attempts at being cute.

"Absolutely not," he laughed. "I swear."

"You're a bad liar."

"I know. What are you going to do about it?"

The challenging tone of his voice lighted something in her, and the urge to see him grew by the second. "How much do you have left on your English paper?"

"Almost done."

"Ugh," she groaned. "I have five questions left of the maths homework."

"Hurry up, then. I want your cuddles."

Whiny, needy Calum was difficult to resist. Somehow, she just couldn't say no. So Hayley closed her notebook, shoved it into her school bag and pretended that she wouldn't fail maths.

"Okay, I'll be there in a bit," Hayley said, checking the bus timetables on her phone.