3.7

Hayley

She knew she was in Calum's bed. The warmth of his body was against her skin and the smell of his cologne lingered on the sheets. Hayley stretched, feeling her muscles ache as she did so. Funny enough; she hadn't even done any physical activity to make her get sore. Not last night, anyway. Her body was fully clothed, and she was a bit sweaty - Hayley never slept in more than a tank and shorts. She always got hot, and wished Calum had at least helped her change out of her skinny jeans.

"Mmm, Calum," she hummed, moving her face to rest at his upper torso. "I can smell pancakes. How'd you know I fancied pancakes?"

"You talk in your sleep, you know," Calum laughed softly and Hayley opened her eyes.

"About pancakes?"

"Yeah. I figured you'd want some," he said, poking her side. Calum moved himself up into a sitting position. With a wide smile, he said, proudly, "and they're not burnt."

"Well done," Hayley mumbled, still not wanting to move anywhere. If she could choose, she'd just stay in his bed forever and never get up.

Somehow, Calum had managed to get her aching self to the kitchen, sat her down and attempted to cure her headache with a pill or two. Hayley was literally resting her head against the table, wondering if she'd ever feel any better.

"You're a mess."

"Inside out," she groaned, but not even Ed Sheeran could make her feel better.

"Seriously though, I'm sorry about last night."

"I have no idea what was going on last night," Hayley lied. She remembered all of it, but wished she could forget. And Calum, he looked way too fucking relieved as he heard of her supposed blackout.

She remembered how she'd slurred, no matter how she tried to speak properly. She'd told him about her new set of underwear and how she'd got it for him. Calum's eyes had widened when she slipped the jacket - his jacket - off of her shoulders. It had empowered her, seeing the effect she had on him. Hayley had been well aware of the lace showing from underneath the light fabric of her thin shirt. The black contrasted her fair skin - teasing and flirting, begging for his attention.

But she didn't get any.

"Stop," he'd said, his voice weak as if he'd been out of breath and had just caught it. Perhaps he'd just come to his senses, and didn't want to go anywhere with a girl that was out of her mind, trying hard to get her way when really she wasn't thinking straight. Hayley should admire him for that, but she remembered her drunken self felt sad about this.

She had looked him right in the eye, tears pooling at hers. Hayley could barely see him, but felt his body leaning close to hers, as if ready to catch her if she would fall into drunken sleep.

"Why don't you want me?" Although Hayley tried to keep her voice straight, she could hear how her tongue tripped over the words. She moved her blonde hair to one side. It had become quite wild during their evening adventure, curls sticking out around her face. "Like, I did all of these things so that it would be perfect. I thought you'd want me to do these kinds of things, like that's what girls do for their boyfriends."

It was true - she'd even sprayed herself an extra time with her perfume, just in case he'd get close enough to kiss her neck. Maybe it was stupid, falling so hard for a boy that you'd do everything you could to make them like you that much as well. Would he like the lace of her new bra? Would he like the smell of her perfume? Would he notice the way she'd tried to tame her usually frizzy hair?

Hayley recalled herself reaching for the button of her shirt. The alcohol had told her that maybe if she tried again, he'd give in. Boys would be boys after all.

"What are you doing? Please stop," Calum sighed, taking her hand and moving it away from her shirt. He linked their fingers to keep her from removing any more clothing.

"Why?"

"Because I don't want you to do this." He'd used his free hand to brush some hair away from her face.

"You don't want me?"

"Not like this. Not when you're drunk."

And Hayley thought that if he didn't want her when she was drunk, then maybe the dickhead shouldn't have gotten her drunk in the first place. He was such a hypocrite. She might have told him this, that he was a dick for letting her drink a bottle of wine on her own in a schoolyard, although she'd asked for it.

Before tucking her in, Calum had told her that it was "bedtime, baby girl."

As the pet name slipped from his mouth, Hayley's still wine-tasting lips couldn't hold back the moan. "Ugh, baby, Calum say that again."

"You don't remember anything?" he asked, as if to make sure she actually had no clue about what had happened just a few hours earlier.

"Not a thing," she lied again, thinking it was best they forgot about the way she'd been trying to seduce him and how he'd put an end to her striptease before it had even started.

Hayley managed to eat one and a half pancake before the hangover caused her to feel sick. Managing to not throw up, Hayley excused herself, thanking Calum for breakfast and whatever else.

Before she left the flat, he told her, "Michael was here last night. You might want to talk to him."

Hayley followed this piece of advice, calling Michael soon as she reached her room. "Hey daddy." She said, hearing Michael swear in response.

"She's not keeping it. I told you last night."

"She what? I'm sorry, I didn't realise–"

"It's fine."

"I'm really sorry," Hayley said after quite a bit of silence. "I've missed you."

"Look, I've done a lot of thinking."

"What do you mean?"

"This whole baby thing has changed so many things. Like, what's important in life. I used to fuck things up all the time, but I've decided to make things right, sort shit out. I don't want to be a fuck up anymore."

Hayley noted how grown up he sounded. As if he'd left his teens ages ago, when really he was only eighteen. "What kind of things?"

"It starts by telling the truth," Michael said, his voice low, and he reached for a breath.

Her heart started beating fast and beating faster than fast. Hayley had no idea why she was suddenly feeling so nervous. It was something in his voice telling her that he was nervous as well. She could picture him with his head in his hands, blinking his green eyes when he needed to think of how to form his words to make what he wanted to say come out right.

"To who?"

"Myself. I have kinda come to terms with it but I have to say it out loud or else I might explode. My brain is like a hurricane."

"Mikey, just say it." If Hayley had been with him in that moment, she would have held his hand. She would have squeezed it tight, letting him know although she'd been away for a while, she'd support him, whatever it was he had to say.

-

how much do u hate me for this

tbh i dont care im a mikey girl so i say fvck yes mikey go stir some drama boy make me proud son?

^DRUMROLL^ my new fic is gonna be cake! PLS STAY TUNED

over and out, have a lovely christmas

~lauren