Chapter 25

Alarm clocks. Dreadful things they are. And that is why mine now lies on the floor. In half. On the other side of my room. Because no matter how many times I told the thing to shut up and stop it's infernal beeping, it didn't listen. So I threw it. I stretch and start to wake up and a wave of nausea hits me.

I lay on bed for a while until my mom notices the lack of done morning chores. She heads up to my room just in time to see me dash into the bathroom and toss everything that was in my stomach. When I am done I stand up and rinse out my mouth. So now I'm sick. Great. Thank you Toby.

Toby's POV.

"Dude, did you see that tackle he made?!"

"I know! So beyond amazing!"

I listen to my friends as they banter back and forth about some football game and scan the croud for Jess, failing to find her as the bell rings for first period. I make my way to class and sit down, hoping she's just late. I shoot her a text asking where she is and lock my phone before the teacher gets mad. A few minutes later, I get a reply and internally groan.

Jessie's POV

I get a text from Toby and ignore the fact that my body is trying to expel everything in it. This is how it goes:

T: Hey. Where are you?

J: Home. Tossing cookies.

T: Why are you throwing cookies? Cookies are supposed to be eaten?

J: No! I'm not throwing cookies! I'm puking! I'm sick. I have the flu.

T: Eww. Sorry I asked. Feel better, Jess!

J: Gotta go! Bye!

With that I darted into the bathroom and slammed the door. This was gonna be a long day.

Hey guys. so I know I said I wasn't updating till I was out of school but I had some time so I figured I would give you a small update. Love you all.

~Kassie