Chapter 12

I tied Whisper to the tethering post and walked inside the shop. Taking a deep breath, I was calm. The smell of leather and grain calmed me as I walked towards the saddles. I glanced over the rows and rows of saddles, girths, cinches and stirrups before I finally found it.

A brow English saddle with sterling silver stirrup irons. I found the matching girth. Saddle, Check. Now I needed to find a saddle blanket.

I looked around before finding the one I fell in love with. It was a watercolor rainbow saddle pad. It reminded me of Clarity. She had such a colorful personality. I missed her.

My next stop was bridals. But that could wait until tomorrow. I walked to the counter with the saddle pad, latigos, and girth.

"Is that all?" The man asked.

"No. I need saddle number 26 please." I offered a smile.

"Sure thing!" He smiled.

He walked with me to the saddle and then followed me to where Whisper was tied up. I slipped the saddle blanket on her back and he put the saddle on top. I paid him and thanked him again before I put the latigos and girth. I put my foot in the stirrup and launched onto her back. Clipping my helmet, I leaned down and tied the end of the lead to her halter and rode home.