Chapter 33

Later that day, he and I decide to go on a walk down the trails behind his house. His parents weren't home and his sister was at the mall. Typical girl. As we walked, I kicked a small rock. My thick gray hoodie was zipped up all the way to keep out the fall chill.

"Jess I-" I cut him off.

"You don't get to call me Jess. That name is reserved for friends, family, and my boyfriend. Oh yeah, I forgot. I don't have one."

"Jessie, I'm sorry okay? Look, my sister was at home when I asked if you wanted to meet my parents and so I texted her to ask her to tell my mom that I was bringing you home. She apparently decided to tell my mom that you were rude and that you were using me so when I got home, my mom told me that either I broke up with you myself, or she would do it for me. I never wanted this to happen, but at the time, I really didn't have a choice. By then Amber was long gone, god knows where she was, but I came looking for you to apologize. And that's when we quit talking... I'm so sorry Jessica. I never wanted this to happen. I love you, Jess. Please, give me another chance to prove it?" He looks at me with pleading eyes.

I turn my head to hide the silent tears that are slowly falling down, and then I do the most unexpected thing yet. I kiss him. For a moment he stands shocked, but then, he wraps his arms around me and kisses me back. Its not a kiss that is deep, with a hunger for passion. Its a gentle kiss, one that promises that we won't hurt each other again.

When we break apart, I hug him, burying my face in his chest and I let my tears fade away with each beat of his heart. We stand there for a bit in silence, and then I speak, my voice still shakey.

"Amber was with me. She came and picked me up and then you called... She's awful. I'm sorry to say that about your sister, but she is. She kept going on about how she wasn't going to let you date me. I thought for sure it was her that got you to break up with me. Please, let's never break up over the phone again." I mumble.

"Agreed. My parents should be home now. Let's go. Today, they meet you. The real you. Not the girl Amber said you were."

He takes my hand and we head back towards his house. My stomach turns the whole way there and I am so nervous that my knees start to shake.

"Hey, relax. They'll love you. And if they don't, it won't matter because I love you." He whispers, kissing the top of my head.

I nod, and take the last few steps across the back yard and up to the house.

Here goes nothing.

Okay. So, before I get to the 'hooray' stuff, I have some stuff to address.
1) When you comment 'Update'

Please, try to understand that I am busy and that writing chapters may take a little while unless you want short, sloppily written chapters. Also, please try to refrain from commenting 'Update' because it puts more pressure on me to write more and I feel bad when I can't update. Not just that but you have to be patient. Obviously I'm going to update, I just don't know when, so be happy with the update you have and try to relax and wait for the next update.