Chapter 26

I decide to stay on the floor of the bathroom, curled in the fetal position. My phone plays season three of Doctor Who on Netflix while I wait for the next round of vomiting. Pissed off, I shove a mint in my mouth and sigh.

I had on and off conversations with Toby and the girls, played some Epic Micky 2, and watched some Supernatural. Over all, my day was boring as hell and all I wanted was to get rid of the flu bug. I was just about to drift off to sleep when a knock sounded at my bedroom door.

"Jessie? How are you feeling honey?" My mom asks.

"Okay. Just sleepy and a little nauseous." I croak.

"Well I bought some ginger mints. The pharmacist said it will make the nausea go away." She says, handing me the tin of life saving mints.

"Thank god." I mumble, popping one in my mouth.

My mom is about to answer just as someone knocks on the front door.

"I'll be right back." She scurries out of my room and down the stairs.

I hear muffled voices and then footsteps. My mom comes through the door first and following her is none other than Toby.

"I tried to tell him you were sick but he insisted that he see you. Is that okay with you?" My mom questions.

"Toby, you'll get sick." I cough.

"No I won't. I had it first." He says.

"Its fine mom." I answer her.

"Okay. I'll be down stairs if you need me." With that she scurries out of the room.

"Just because you had it first, does not mean you can't get it again." I grumble.

"I know. But I had to see you." He replies.

"I look and feel like hell." I say, shoving another mint in my mouth.

"You look fine." He kisses my forehead.

"Yeah right." I sigh.

"What are you watching?"

"Well shut up and you'll know." I tease.

"Okay okay. Sorry." He laughs.

We watch for a few minutes before he figures it out.

"Of course. Doctor Who. I should have known." He chuckles.

"You should go. I don't want you to get sick." Sighing, I pull my blanket tighter around me.

"Okay. I just thought I'd come by to see you." He smiles, planting a kiss on my forehead and one on the top of my head.

"See you at school." I say, hugging him tightly.

"See you at school, Jess. Feel better." Kissing my forehead one more time, he leaves the room, shutting the door.

With that, I sit up, an vomit, thanking God and Jesus above that I was able to hold off until he left.

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't updated in forever. I got off of school on the 11th but I have had a busy summer so far. I've been writing in all my free time but between riding lessons, dog sitting, babysitting, birthdays, and family, I haven't had much free time at all. I was going to write more but this seemed like at good spot to end this chapter. I will start writing the next chapter right now and hopefully I will have it up later tonight. Love you all!

~Kassie.