Chapter 14

I shot into the field and decided that I should try jumping in the saddle. I found the cross county course and decided to run through it. Whisper was amazing. I'd only done cross country twice with an old horse but this, this was by far the best ride I'd had.

She flew over each jump  her favorite one seemed to be the water jump. We flew down the hill and through the finish. I decided to cool her out and groom her. When we got back to the barn my dad was sitting there. I groaned and walked past him. Grabbing the rainbow halter and lead, (Her blue one and pink lead got chewed up by Splash),I clipped Whisper into the cross ties and began un-tacking her. I slipped her saddle and pad onto the rack and walked back to her. I unclipped her and began walking. Whisper sighed and walked lazily behind me.

She swished her tail and nickered as she saw her friends in their stalls. I led Whisper into her stall and tied her lead so I could grab her groom bag. My father was standing quietly at the barn door when I walked past to the tack room. The rainbow groom bag caught my eye at once and the purple lable read "Whisper".

My boots clomped on the concrete floor as I walked back to her stall. She had straw sticking out the sides of her mouth and I giggled at the sight of it. Hanging the bag on the hook, I began to brush little circles with the curry comb. Whisper's eyes closed in contentment.

When I was done I ran over her body with a teal soft brush and combed out her tangled mane and tail. With her coat gleaming and her mane and tail tangle free, I closed the door to her stall and carried her groom bag back to its spot on the shelf with the rainbow lead rope.

My father hadn't said a word to me and when I started to look around for him in the barn, I noticed that Comet was gone. The chestnut gelding's stall looked like it needed cleaning so I set to work. A half hour later all the stalls where clean and the horses turned out to graze. I heard the steady clip-clop of hooves and knew my dad was back.

I turned around and my jaw dropped because the rider on Comet was definitely not my dad. It was my mom.

Hey guys  I'm really really really really sorry about the long wait but things have been really crazy lately and I've had some issues with a person that I've known since 7th grade that I have been dealing with. I have finals coming up and my great grandpa is really sick and it doesn't help that my great grandma passed away in February last year so he's missing her because they were married for almost 60 years. Anyway, enough about that. I just wanted to apologize for the wait and the pic on the side is Jessie and Whisper on a cross country course.

I will update again as soon as I possibly can but please be patient with me because I have a lot going on right now. Thanks for reading!! :)

Love you all. ;)

~Kassie <3