Chapter 4

"Your a naughty horse!" Chelsea scolded Snowfall. "You have to stay here! you cannot go running off! this is not okay you naughty horse."

She led Snowfall  into the barn and locked him securely in his stall.

"Thanks for bringing him back... Jessie right?"

"Yup! Your welcome. I got my new horse today. You should stop by and come see her sometime." I invited with a smile.

The six year old smiled back. "Okay. Well have a safe walk home. I have chores so I'll see you soon!" she called as she walked to the barn. 

"Bye Chelsea!" I turned and headed home. I needed to feed and clean up Whisper.

When I got home I grabbed my grooming kit and the horse shampoo. I slipped on her new halter and lead. I had picked out a baby blue halter with a baby pink lead. I led her to the wash stall and began spraying her gently with the hose. The mud was packed onto her coat.

When I got most of the mud off, I noticed scars made by a whip. Not only had this poor horse been neglected, it had been abused. I carefully washed the horses body and went to the mane.

I saw a crumpled piece of paper in the tangled mess and pulled it out. It was a note.

To whomever gets my horse,

Her name is Phantom and she was my daughters horse. My daugter used to barrel race on her. When my daughter had an accident on Phantom, she was killed. I don't know what made me do it... I loved this horse. Honestly I did. But something stronger got the better of me and made me whip her until she could not stand. After that I picked up and left... Leaving the horse behind.

Of course, the authorities caught me and made me varify this horse as minethey let me have a moment alone in the barn and I am writing this to say, Please love this horse unconditionally. She loves mint and sugar cubes but most of all she loves a good mix of carrots and apples.

Please take care of her for me... for my daughter. Thank you,

                                      Aaron McCall.

I put the note down and finished getting Whisper clean. I wasn't gonna keep her name Phantom for fear that if I did, when that guy got out of prison, he would want her back.

When Whisper was clean and dry, I led her back to the barn and put her in a stall with fresh hay and oats. What mystery had I just uncovered? I'm not sure I want to find out...

This is just a filler but i wanted to say a quick Thanks to everyone reading and ask a favor. Keep up the comments and can you reccomend my books to your readers? I will do the same for you. promiseLove you all my faithful readers!

~Kassie. <3