Chapter 8

I've decided that its cruel to let you guys suffer the suspense and my life has calmed down a bit to squeeze in a chapter here and there so I'll quit blabbing and let you read the chapter. :)

She just blinked and tried to close her mouth. She looked past me and I realized that the boy had sat down next to me. She finally got her mouth closed and then she smiled. The teacher called  role and passed out our papers. She leaned over and whispered in my ear.

"That's Toby. He has never smiled at anyone and is one of the star football jocks." she whispered. "He smiled at you!!"

I felt my cheeks turn pink and looked at the board. I listened to the teacher ramble on about the rules and expectations of the class. He let us talk and hang out. I turned to Hailey. Her eyes were growing wider by the second. I quickly glanced over my shoulder and saw Toby coming toward us.

I started talking to Hailey about our horses. Someone cleared their throat awkwardly behind us and Hailey got wide eyed again. I gave a confused look before she pointed behind me so whoever it was didn't notice. I turned around and my eyes met Toby's.

"Hey." he said.

"Hi." I said back. "This is Hailey."

"Cool. I heard you talking about horses. Do you have one?" he asked me.

"Yeah. She's a Tennessee Walking Horse. Her name is Whisper in the Wind. She's a blue roan. Her stable name is Whisper." I rush.

"Really? I have a Tennessee Walker too. His name is 44 Magnum. He's a buckskin. His stable name is Magnum." he answers excitedly.

"Cool. We're going trail riding in Saturday with our friend Allison. If they don't mind you can come too if you like?" I ask him.

"Sure! sounds  great! Are you sure its okay though?" he looks to Hailey who nods a yes.

"Alright. Then its settled." I say.

We chat together more until the bell rings for next class. I stopped at my locker and grabbed all of my things and put them in my backpack. I walked briskly to my next class and sat down next to Alli. I told her about Toby joining us on Saturday. Just before the bell rings, I heard the chair to my left scoot across the floor and someone plop down in it.

I looked over and I saw Toby. Another class with him? How many other classes is he in with me?