Chapter 3

I woke up to a loud neigh. I must be hallucinating. I heard the neigh again. I guess not. I groned and rolled out of bed, pulling on my jeans and a T-shirt and my hat. I slipped my feet into my boots and jogged down the stairs while I pulled my hair into a ponytail. I opened the door and was greeted with a huge surprise.

Snowfall lifted his head and pricked his ears. Grass was sticking out of the sides of his mouth as he munched on the green shoots. I led him to the barn and put him in his old stall. I would take him home later. My mom, Dad and brothers came out just as I walked out of the barn.

We piled into the truck and drove to the horse auction, Our 6 horse trailer being pulled behind us.

When we pulled up to the auction and we began looking at the pens filled with horses. They all had numbers painted on their hindquarters. We got to the 10th or 11th pen when I saw a small blue roan Tennessee Walker.  About half way down its legs the legs became black. Its black mane and tail where matted with mud and its ribs where visible through its muddy coat. The filly looked at me with sad tired eyes. Some how I knew that this was the horse.

"Mom! Dad!" I called them back from the pen they where at.

"What?" they said together.

"This is the one! I can feel it.." their mouths dropped.

"This old nag?!  This one ain't worth the price of a bale of hay." My brothers and mom said together.

"This is the one. I can feel it." I answered confidently.

"I have to agree with her. This little filly does need work but I think that she can get better." my dad nodded to her.

When my brothers and parents had picked out their horses we walked to the arena. The auctioneer called out the first horse which was the one that one of my brothers had picked. Geret kept bidding until the other person wanting to buy the stallion quit. My parents and other two brothers bought their horses but the roan filly hadn't come yet. Several horses came out but my face curled into a smile as she came into the ring.

"Alright. Let's start the bidding at $400."

"$450!" a man shouted

"$500?" I yelled back.

"$650!"

"$800!"

"$800! going once! going twice! Sold to the girl in the blue T-shirt and the black cowboy hat.

I win! I smiled. I had my horse. I decided to name her Whisper in the Rain. Whisper for short.

As we loaded up the horses, I began thinking about what I was going to do about Snowfall. Chelsea was probably gonna be mad that her horse was running away.

Oh well. I guess I just ride him back. they only live two blocks away.

Hey guys. Can I get at least 4 comments on this chapter? I need at least 4 before I post the next chapter. Thanks guys. Pic of Whisper on side. :)

~Kassie <3