Prologue

Tara's POV

Tara's POV

My best friend, Manav, has just come off back from a breakup with his college girlfriend of five years, who also happens to be our mutual friend, making things a little awkward. But, everyone knows my alliance lies with Manav. Yep, I am choosing my best friend over his girlfriend.

Some of his school friends (with whom I have a great ramp), Manav, and I were in the cinema theater waiting for the latest superhero movie to start, munching on some great overpriced popcorn. Did I mention how much I love this superhero? He's my all-time favorite. I would have definitely married the man, had he not been fictional.

Manav really needed a day out with his boys and me, after his breakup. And I am basically one of the boys. I am not just their friend, who just happens to be a girl. Nope. I am their bro. That's a whole new level of friendship and privilege.

And yes, I am the only girl in this squad. And yes, I am super single. Never had and have a boyfriend. I never tried and neither did anyone ask me. Never in my 25 years.

Do I wish that I have a boyfriend? Sometimes.

Am I happy that I am single? Yes. 100% Yes. Being in a relationship sucks. Exhibit A to prove my point - just look at Manav's relationship.

Everyone at college assumed that Manav & I were dating, which was stupid. He's my best friend and has a girlfriend. Correction- Had a girlfriend. What is wrong with my friend honestly? Manav, at least in my eyes, is in the golden standard of men. I mean, I would date him, if only he was not my best friend.

Finally, today was the day we all met for a movie. With everyone busy with their jobs and masters, it was quite difficult to plan something for the crowd that we are. But, we managed anyways. After a countless number of failed plans.

Sidharth's POV

As if pulling my 13-shift at the hospital was not tiring enough, my wonderful pain-in-the-ass little brother, Dev just had to drag me to one of those lame superhero movies. Why are superhero movies so lame and predictable? Of course, the hero is going to scope in and save the day. And of course, his girlfriend/partner is going to die. Classic and time-tested formulae. Honestly, what's new in that?

Honestly?

As the title credits rolled, I looked around the room tired and bored out of my mind. The lights were still on and people were getting onto their seats. Just then, a young woman appeared with a bunch of guys beside her. Dressed in a simple shirt and jeans. Simple but beautiful.

Why does that woman look familiar?

I have seen her somewhere. Please don't tell me that she was one of my patients. I am tired and not ready to play doctor until I catch on some much-needed sleep.

Characters

The female squad and her family:-

Tara
26-year-old IT professional
Over-pampered and overprotected since she is the only child in the family

Tara's dad
Engineer by profession
Slightly strict father and always protective of Tara

Tara's mom
Government employee; Peacemaker between Tara and her dad, in times of their disagreements or stupid fights

Tara's grandmother- Passed away when Tara was around a year old, from breast cancer

Tara's grandfather- Died last year, due to Covid

Manav
Tara's best friend since her second year of engineering college and her trusted right-hand man
Lets Tara rant, whine and chew his ears (and also does the same)
Protective of her like her elder brother

The male gang and his family
Sidharth
29-year-old doctor
Eldest in his family

Dev
26-year-old professor
Sid's younger brother

Sid's dad - Accountant by professionSid's mother - HomemakerSid's grandfather - a retired army man

Sid's mother - Homemaker
Sid's grandfather - a retired army man

Ravi
Sid's friend since third grade
Has been with him through good and bad times
Works as Chef at one of the reputed hotelsDeeply cares for his friend

To be continued

Sometime in June 2023...!!

My other stories

~~The Key to my Heart~~*Completed - Feb 2023*It's a story of how 2 divorcees met after 5 years and the husband finds out that he has a son. A mute son. What happens next, is covered in this story. Kindly check it out too, if this genre is something you like.

~~You are My Destiny~~*Completed - April 2023*What happens when 2 enemies are entrusted to take care of an infant? Can they look past their 'urge to rip off each other's throat' and set their differences aside for the child? Why are they entrusted to look after a child, in the first place?

~~The Dance with the Devil~~*Completed - April 2023* The first iteration of the story 'You are my destiny'. Although the storyline is almost the same, the events are quite different. Please do check it out if you are interested. Personally, I find it quite fascinating since my initial idea of the story and this completed one are miles away, but almost similar, if that makes any sense.

-12/4/2023-