Chapter 19

Thanks everyone for reading...!!

Date uploaded - 19/5/2023

3191 words!

********

Since there are multiple couples in this story, here's a memory refresher.

Lead couple -> Tara & her husband, Sid

Sid's ex-girlfriend - Mythili
Manav's ex-girlfriend - Jhanvi (dated through college and broke up almost two years ago now)

Manav & his office crush, Sneha
Dev & his wife, Priya
Ravi & his wife, Manvi
Mathew & his live-in girlfriend, Kiara

Please note the following words that will be used from here, onwards

Appa = Father

Amma = Mother

Anna = Elder brother

Anni = Sister-in-law

Thambi = Younger brother

Akka = Elder sister

Thaatha = Grandfather

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A few days later)

I tossed around on the bed and my palm went towards my stomach which was paining like hell. The date of my period and I could only wait for it.

Dear red devil, can you please delay your visit by just one day? I have an important presentation tomorrow.
"Why are you moving so much?"-I heard Sid's sleepy voice with a hint of irritation. I guess I woke him up with all my tossing.

"Nothing" - I quietly got up and went to the living room. My sleep is already ruined.
Why should I ruin his sleep as well?

Sid's POV

I woke up in the middle of the night and looked over at the other side only to find Tara missing from bed. Guess I snored too loud and she must have gone to the guest bedroom. I went back to sleep again, rather comfortably since now the bed is all mine.

I woke up feeling patched and there was no water in the bottle next to the bedside. Sighing I got up from bed to fetch water from the kitchen and I found her in the living room, watching a movie on the television.

"Can't sleep." - I asked her
"Can't you see?" - she replied rather annoyed. Did I disturb her sleep?
"Is your eyesight also in decline or diminishing, just like your brain?" - she fumed. Wow, rude much. But, this is not something that I am not used to it. Little did I know that it was just the beginning.
"You are supposed to be sleeping." - I tried to calm my angry little peaches.
"So are you." - she quickly retorted. I could sense irritation in her voice.
"Why are you awake at this ungodly hour?" - I asked, after gulping down a glass of water.
"Why are you awake?" - She bounced back my question.
"Wanted chilled water." - I answered quickly, slightly about to lose my patience with her.
"Well, it's my period's first day. And can't sleep." - she admitted, wincing slightly as she adjusted herself on the sofa.

OH, that explains her sour mood. Whatever anger I was about to exhibit on her quietly took a back seat.

"Why don't you just lay down and close your eyes?" - I honestly didn't know what to tell her. The ladies in my family considered periods to be a bit of taboo and didn't talk much. Especially with Dev and I. Weird, right? Whatever I know was through my college mates and my nurses who would often complain about it.

"That's a piece of great advice. Maybe write a paper on it and maybe you will get a Nobel prize."- my sassy peach replied. As if it is that easy to win a Novel prize?