Chapter 2

Sweets,

Thank you for reading my story.

Please do vote or leave a comment. Would love to hear your thoughts.

To be honest, I am not fully happy with this chapter.

Shoutout to the below readers for voting

disha7722

Pritz_22

AishuGuthu

Also, this chapter is inspired by the below prompt.

*

*

*

(Back to the story!)

Sid's POV

Around some time in the afternoon, I went back to Manav's room to check up on his stitches. Tara seems to be busy working, with her eyes concentrated at the laptop screen. Her bestie caught me staring at Tara, for a few seconds more than I guess he liked. Yep, he caught me staring, alright and it was my cue to move towards him. The actual reason I came to their room.

"She's in a meeting. Please talk softly." - He whispered, trying not to disturb Tara.

Walking beside Manav, I whispered to Manav - "IT folks actually work?"

I guess she heard it too since she cutely glared at me. For the tiniest second, which still makes my heart still flutter.

Manav -"They do when it's a video conference". He answered only to see Tara showing her middle finger in front of the laptop so that the webcam doesn't catch the screen. Maybe arrange marriage might not be a bad idea. She does check one of my many boxes. A woman who is not afraid to swear. Check.

Just several hundred to go, hehe!

Manav whispered back-"Very mature!"

I checked his wounds and his blood test results.

Manav seems to be very chatty, unlike the silent and much reserved Tara. We soon got into talking and I just told him that I have to proofread my research paper, which is 12 pages long and that I am struggling to do so. He suggested leaving it with him since 'Noods' (Tara) is the fastest speed reader. Apparently, she was the one who did all the theoretical and documentation aspects of their college projects. Can I leave it with her? Won't be asking too much from her? I hardly know her. But, Manav managed to convince me and I agreed. Reluctantly.

Manav also managed to tear up his stitches.

And so, I cleaned up his wounds and redid the bandages with help of my nurses, in comfortable silence.

I couldn't help but watch her out of the corner of his eye: the way her brow furrowed up in concentration, the way she held onto the pen while scribing her notes onto her diary, her messy hair falling over her face. The way she presented details in her call, which to me was all Greek and Latin. But, the command her voice has got. Damn...