Chapter 3

Heyy All

 Thank you for reading my story.

Please do vote or leave a comment. Would love to hear your thoughts.
Thanks to the below readers for voting

disha7722

Pritz_22

AishuGuthu

Also, this chapter is inspired by the below prompt.

Tara's POV

My parents really seem to like Sid's profile and asked me to meet up with him first. Even his family was all in favor with this idea.

And no one asked me. The bride clearly doesn't like this idea.

Apparently, Sid's brother and his girlfriend would be joining our meet, so that it would make things less awkward and more causal. As if adding two more strangers is going to make the deal sweeter.

(The day of the meeting)

Back home, I was on video conference call with a bunch of my friends, trying to calm my nerves down. Why am I feeling so nervous? This feels more like a job interview rather than causal afternoon something.

Urgh, can I say no, now? I literally don't want to go. And my poor little brain can't make up any good excuse to skip this.

(On the video conference)

Manav, trying to calm me down knowing me too well - "Just relax. It's going to be fine. Just be yourself."

Ajay, eating his lunch - "Be yourself! What kind of garbage advice is this? You want your best friend to get married or not? Be your less crazy self."

He told in mocking tone and went back to his chicken biryani.

I want a chicken biryani now.

Manik - "Just laugh at his joke."

Manav added - "especially if it's lame"

And gave hundred set of notes of what and what not to do.

Dear lord, even the Queen of England doesn't have to follow so many etiquette rules, like what I am told to do.

Sid had texted me the plan for today. And as per plan, I was at the café where we were supposed to meet up for brunch at 10am. And it's 10:30am and my stomach was growling for food.

I tried to call Sid and left him a message too, but no reply.

Is that it? I am being stood up. At least he didn't do it in the altar - My heart consoled me.

I ordered myself some food and beverage to cool myself.

I hate it when people can't keep time, especially when they are late. The common curtsey would be to leave a message stating that he/she would be late. And here, there was nothing. Absolutely nothing.