Chapter 15

Thanks, everyone for reading!!

Special mention to btsarmygirl028 & disha7722!

Date published - 14/5/2023

2549 words!

461 reads! 18 votes!

*******************************************************************************************

Since there are multiple couples in this story, here's a memory refresher.

Lead couple -> Tara & her fiancee, Sid

Sid's ex-girlfriend - Mythili
Manav's ex-girlfriend - Jhanvi (dated through college and broke up a year ago)

Manav & his office crush, Sneha
Dev & his fiancee, Priya
Ravi & his wife, Manvi
Mathew & his live-in girlfriend, Kiara

Please note the following words that will be used from here, onwards

Appa = Father

Amma = Mother

Anna = Elder brother

Anni = Sister-in-law

Thambi = Younger brother

Akka = Elder sister

Thaatha = Grandfather

~~(Back to the story!)~~

Sid's POV

I stood outside Tara's house wanting to talk to her and so I rang the doorbell.

Tara, upon seeing me at her door - "I thought I told everyone that I had plans today." Scooby poked his head in between Tara's legs, letting me know of his presence. Well, his bark already informed me of his majesty's presence.

"Can I at least come in?" - I asked rather meekly

Tara challenged, opening the door slightly which made Scooby run next to my feet - "If I say no, will you go away?". Scooby's feet seem to have recovered well and boy, he's slightly grown from the last time I saw him two months ago.

"Yes." - I replied, fully knowing that she won't kick me out. But, I can never know for sure.

Tara sighed - "Come in" and opened up the door.

There were a couple of boxes and clothes scattered around the house. Piles of things lying around the living room, a stark constant to the first time I came here with my parents. Scooby made his way to his comfy-looking bed on the other side of the hall.

Tara stated- "Ignore the mess. I was sorting out the things."

"I see." - I acknowledged

Tara imploded - "Whatever it is you wish to say to me, please just say it and get out. Let's just get this over with."

"Why are you so mean?" - I asked her with a hint of angst.

Tara denied - "I don't know. I think it's just my factory setting. Also, I don't think I am mean. I am just stating the facts."

I rubbed my forehead since I sense a headache incoming - "Tara, can you please get me a drink?"

Tara sarcastically - "Of course, where are my manners? What would you like to have?"

I joked - "Something as dark as my unforgiving soul?"

Tara goes to the kitchen and brings me a glass of cold water.

"I feel insulted." - I jested

Tara affirmed - "You should."

She asked me getting slightly impatient - "Why are you here?"