Chapter 11

Dev and I searched our entire street for Scooby, asking every bystander if they had seen a puppy. Much to our luck, no one had seen him. Just then, we had several dogs barking and Dev and I ran in the direction of the bark. And found Scooby surrounded by clusters of dogs.

Apparently, one kid had drove a cycle over his right leg and he had been screaming for help. But given that he's puppy, not many heard him until the street dogs rushed to his side.

I quickly took in his arms and he licked my face in joy for seeing me.
You little shit

We took him to nearby vet and turns out that he had fractured his leg. And got himself the cutest grey bandage for the same.

Back home, I settled scooby in his play pen and gave him his medicines

Back home, I settled scooby in his play pen and gave him his medicines. Both of us laid on floor, tired and exhausted from today's events. Now, how do we break the news to your mother ??

(Later that night)"SCOOBERT MALHOTRA! What did I tell you about running away?" - Tara yelled at Scooby on video call

(Later that night)
"SCOOBERT MALHOTRA! What did I tell you about running away?" - Tara yelled at Scooby on video call.
Scooby looked at him as though he was saying "thanks dad, for getting me in trouble with mom". Atleast she didn't yell at me, son.
You know you're in trouble when your mom uses your full name.

After a good minute or two of Tara talking with Scooby, Scooby looked at me telling me to count my days. I realize that the chances of getting killed by golden retriver is very less but never zero.

(Next day)
I come home from very tired day of work to the strong smell of dog pee. Urgh my little shit.

Even my junior doctor asked me why was rushing home today.  For this wagging little shit.

Tara's POV
My friend just called me to give the news that she's pregnant. Whilst I screamed out of joy and happiness, I couldn't help but think about myself.
Why is no one taking about how awkward and uncomfortable it is to be in your mid 20s and not been in serious relationship and seen everyone around you get married and start families. And I don't even know how to date.

Sid's mother's POV
We are at the store shopping a saree for both my daughter in laws, which we are supposed to give once they get married in.
The men in my family left it up to me to decide. My husband was busy on his phone. My father in law (Sid's grandfather) didn't even want to tag along. My elderst (Sid) declined since he had work at the hospital. My youngest (Dev) is busy planning for Sid's birthday party. This left me in charge of selecting and buying the saree.

For Priya (Dev's fiancee), it was slightly easier having known her since her diaper days. She has been in our family as long as I can remember. She's very quiet and silent pillar of our family.. and so, I can predict what kind of husband my Dev would be. Dev is the defintion of "I worship the ground you walk on."

However, in case of Sid and Tara, everything is left open to air.. I have never seen Sid to be in serious relationship so have no clue about what kind of husband Sid is going to be. All I know is that he is going to a great one..just hope that I've raised him well. And his bride, Tara was a whole story.

She's independent and sassy one.. perfect for Sid hopefully. And her style seems to prefer comfort over style, unlike Priya.

Let's just hope that I manage to find saree that my daughters (in law) would like. Fingers crossed.

Dev just sent me a video of Sid playing with scooby. So adorable.

(One week later)
Sid's POV
Tara reached two days ago and had collected Scooby from home. I miss the little shit already.
And today's my birthday. While the morning time was devoted to spending time to my family and going to temple with my parents and granddad. The evening was a party organized by none other by best friend, Ravi.

Since yesterday, I am thinking about myself. I will be turning 30 tomorrow. Five years ago, I thought I would have my life figured out by 30. A great job. Happily married to a doctor or in love. Maybe a kid. And here I am, fresh from my breakup. Getting married to a IT person in 5 months. No love whatsoever.

And kids? Don't even get me started.
Can doctors have kids? Most of senior colleague are either divorced or single.  Very few are married and with kid.
Will I come under the few category?

Ravi managed the birthday party at my house. Most of my friends and college mates along with Dev and Priya were in attendance. And so was Tara and Manav.

Most of friends had met Tara at our engagement and so she soon become their bro. Jelled with them extremelu well. Joined them in pulling my leg. I finally understood what Manav meant about Tara being a bro.

Tara's POV
The party went well. 90% of his cake was on his face. And his friends showed me a lot of Sid's photos from school and college. Embrassing ones..!!

We wrapped up the party and almost everyone left leaving behind Sid and me. Manav offered to drop me home but Sid volunteered for it.
"Am I not getting any gift from you? I mean it's okay if there isn't one-" He said and I widened my eyes. Did I really forget to give him his birthday present? Especially when I had to drag Manav out with him to find him a gift and that moron was useless.
How could I be so stupid?
Digging through my bag, I hand him over package.
He opened it without waiting for a second. As the shine of glass struck his eyes, his lips twiched up in a smile.
"How do you know I wanted this?"
"I just know" - I caught staring at me when we had gone to Hyderabad.
"I saw you staring at it at the store so I thought this would be the right moment to get it for you."

Sid's POV
It was everything I expected and more. It was kurta that I had been eying on our Hyderabad trip but didn't buy since I thought I wouldn't be able to pull it off. And they didnt have it any other colour except white. And I don't have much white clothes since it's hard to maintain.

Tara must have bought it for me when I was busy choosing earrings for her and was away since she was on call with her dad. Talk about timing!!
Literally and Figuratively.

 Talk about timing!!Literally and Figuratively

A/N
Thanks everyone for reading.
Special thanks to disha.
Date uploaded- 4 May 2023
1151 words!!