Chapter 10

(Four months to marriage)
Sid's POV
After pulling a late night shift, I dragged myself to my home (the 'batcave'). Whilst crossing through the park, I spotted Manav and Scooby doing their morning run.
Tara's dad had a heart attack yesterday at work so Tara had to fly to Mumbai, leaving Scooby with Manav. Scooby ran towards me almost dragging Manav along with him.

"Hi, buddy" - I kneel down to pet his head and he enjoyed every bit of attention

"Any news about her dad?" - I enquired with Manav.
"She called this morning. Luckily the attack wasn't major, but doctors have suggested to keep in the hospital for observation. She said that she wanted to speak to you about it." - he replied
"Well, she didn't say anything." - I responded and while saying so, I quickly checked my phone for any message. Found a message from peaches.. I mean, Tara. Almost two hours ago.. meaning she must have sent the message around 5am. Does she even sleep at all?

Dude, when you are free, let me know. Need your help.

I quickly messaged her back

Will call you in 10 mins, peaches.

Manav, scooby and I walked home. Manav's house is closer to mine. He was telling that he has asked his friends to look after scooby since he has to go to his hometown for some festival.

"I can keep scooby." - I offered. I will have to get used to Scooby since Scooby would be staying with us after marriage. Tara did ask if I would be okay and I told that I'm fine with him since I always wanted a dog growing up.

"I will have to check with Tara."

(After a few minutes)
"She says no" - Manav told me, while on call with Tara.
"Let me talk to her."
I took the mobile from Manav.
Sensing my presence and before I could even utter a single syllabus, Tara interpreted-
"I really don't want to bother you. Scooby is little puppy and is yet to be trained. He's a walking barking chaos."
"His mom is no less." - I retorted
"Heyy, watch it dude." - She pointed with hint of annoyance.
"Honestly, It's no trouble really" - I tried to argue and I won..
Tara tried to draw a line on sand - "Fine, but if he troubles you, let me know. I can arrange my friends to pick him up.."
"Deal, give uncle (Tara's dad) my regards."
"Will do." - She replies, sounding tired.
I pass the mobile back to Manav.
"Noods (Tara), please tell dad (Tara's dad) to take care."
I noticed how we both called Tara's dad. He's going to be my future in law and not my uncle. I made a self note to start addressing him as "dad"