Chapter 8

Manav's POV

The last two months flew up with Tara and her family busy with her engagement preparations. Of course, Tara dragged me along for shopping. Apparently, I have a keen eye for fashion. The truth actually is Tara hates to go shopping.

With only one month left before her engagement, we were supposed to go to Jaipur for one of my friend's wedding. Her parents were a little hesitant about her travelling given that engagement is a month away. But, Tara managed to convince them and that brings us to right now..

Tara who had to sit through the boring ceremony, was struggling to climb up the stairs. She's dressed in a golden lehenga. She's a natural beauty. Her smile just lights up the room. She's got that aura and that power to certainly turn many heads in her direction.

 She's got that aura and that power to certainly turn many heads in her direction

However, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Anyone else would find her plain and boring. But, those who have been with her long enough and know her, only know how much of a gem she is. Sure, she's unpolished unlike most of the 'fake and makeup' women out there. But, she's unpolished and that too is a different kind of beauty. Unfiltered. The real kind.

Hope Sid knows what kind of gem he is getting for the rest of his life. If he doesn't, I swear that I am going to make his life miserable.

I helped Tara climb up the stairs, holding some of her skirt and making it easier for her to ascend up the staircase. To be honest, Tara hates girl clothes. She is the most comfortable in boy clothes, like pants & shirts. She sometimes even shops from the men's section as if the ladies' section is not enough.

Honestly, she grew up as 'the man of the house'. Both literally and figuratively. She would have made a better man really. I guess, something went wrong during her birth. Hehe.

Tara was not feeling herself the past few months ever since it was decided that Tara and Sid would be married. Although she has been doing a pretty good job hiding it, I could tell, from the years that I can known her. I sort of sympathise with her.
She's been single all her whole life.Ofcourse, she is going to hate it. The extra attention. Taking effort to accommodate someone new into her life. And share her life with him. She's used to being single, independent and self-sufficient. And add to it, she's a single child who are known to be notoriously independent. So, it is going to take something extra ordinary and time. And understanding.. I just hope that Sid is ready to handle the madness that is Tara. But, he too is going to have a rough time since she doesn't need him. I wish them well.

But no matter what happens in the future, I will always be her best friend. Be her shoulder to lean on.