Chapter 17

Thanks to everyone for reading!!

Special mention to

- Disha7722 for voting, and staying with this story since the very beginning

- Prichitra & NavyaSrivastava012 for adding this story to their reading list :p

Date updated - 16/5/2023

3901 words!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since there are multiple couples in this story, here's a memory refresher.
Lead couple -> Tara & her fiancee, Sid
Sid's ex-girlfriend - Mythili
Manav's ex-girlfriend - Jhanvi (dated through college and broke up a year ago)
Manav & his office crush, Sneha
Dev & his fiancee, Priya
Ravi & his wife, Manvi
Mathew & his live-in girlfriend, Kiara

Please note the following words that will be used from here, onwards
Appa = Father
Amma = Mother
Anna = Elder brother
Anni = Sister-in-law
Thambi = Younger brother
Akka = Elder sister
Thaatha = Grandfather

Paati = Grandmother

(Back to the story!!)

(Back in my parent's house)

Sid's POV

After the usual pleasantries, thaatha suggested that I take Tara and Ravi to my room here since Dev and Priya were returning late from the movie. To be honest, it's a mess compared to Tara's organized room. And I really didn't want Tara to see it all since it was embarrassing. But, hey she's going to get married to me so she needs to see all of me, including the messy parts. Hehe.
I watched her scan through the room.

Priya and Dev arrived late for dinner.
Priya, noticeably disheveled as she entered the dining table- "Sorry I'm late, I was doing stuff."
Dev, also disheveled and grinning smugly - "Hi, I'm stuff."
Ravi, Tara and I smirked looking at them and continued our dinner. Did I mention that my mother's food is the best?  Dev dropped Priya, Ravi, and Tara home since I got a call from the hospital for emergency surgery.

Tara's POV

With only one month to go, I am back in my hometown, working from home since there are some rituals at our village temple for my wedding. How much wish my thaatha and paati had been alive right now since they would have been overjoyed to see my wedding. I really miss my thaatha.

Manav's POV

There is only one week before Tara's wedding and safe to say that she had already gone crazy and panic-stricken. At this rate, I am pretty sure that she is going to have either a panic attack or fall sick on the day of her wedding. She has been overworking herself with the preparations and her cousins are useless in helping her out.