Chapter 5

"Time is the fire in which we burn."-Gene Roddenberry

~~~

A/N
Date published- 26/04/2023;

2670 words!

145 Reads! 10 votes!

Story rating - #18 wip out of 4.05K stories

Thanks for reading the story

Please do vote and comments. Would love to hear your thoughts....!!

Thanks to the below readers for voting - Pritz_22 and disha7722

(Now back to the story!)

*

Sid's POV

My parents seemed to like Tara and her family. Grandfather too, who normally doesn't jell with strangers easily, was smitten with her.

However a week later, the astrologer who our aunt (my dad's brother's wife) recommended, said that their astrology profile doesn't match. Upon hearing that, our mother is planning on not proceeding further and checking out other possible matches for me. Our dad is checking with other astrologer for their opinion.

I tossed the entire night. What if this proposal gets checked? Do I have to go through this tortuous bride hunting all over again? Especially when I really didn't mind Tara as my bride???

(A month later)

One thing lead to another and here we are, set to get engaged in another three months. And, our marriage would be six months from then.

Things are happening and I am really not sure if I should be glad or worried about it.

Tara's POV

I'm not afraid of getting married; I fear getting married to someone I can't share my silence with.

(A/N This above line is from Sadia Hakim's Instagram account. So, full credits to her.)

Growing up as single child, I love to be left alone to my devices. As much as I love my friends and friends, sometimes they exhaust me and I prefer to be alone. I love to travel alone. Let no one influences my decisions and choices.

I love the silence in the beach, listening to the waves as they go back and fro. I love quiet walks with Scooby, with my Bluetooth headphones connected and zoned out to the songs of my choice, rather than endure my dad lecturing me about how to be a responsible adult.