Chapter 6

"Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn" -George Bernard Shaw

~~~

Tara's POV

I was at Secunderabad train station, waiting for Sid to come out. The sun had just up and I could see the birds chirping away.

Manav who was supposed to join us, had to pull out of this trip at the last minute due to his work, but before giving me a whole 30 minutes of his big brother lecture and the whole deal of birds and bees. Honestly, sometimes he's worse than my dad.

I didn't need this education. At least not right now.

Thankfully, I managed to book a hostel for Sid, quite close to my company's accommodation where I can avail whenever I am in Hyderabad.

After a quick freshup, a metro and an auto ride later, we reached Salar Jung Museum.

A/N

The Salar Jung Museum was established in the year 1951 and is located on the southern bank of the River Musi in Hyderabad, Telangana State of India

The Salar Jung Museum was established in the year 1951 and is located on the southern bank of the River Musi in Hyderabad, Telangana State of India. The Salar Jung family is responsible for its collection of rare art objects from all over the world.

Source: https://www.salarjungmuseum.in/History-of-SJM.html

(Back to the story!)

Sid's POV

I watched her get excited as she told me the history behind the place

Truth to behold, I usually am not the biggest fan of museums, in general. However, my granddad loves it so we used to visit them often.

Tara had thankfully booked audio guide headsets, else it would have been a bore.

Although it was a silent affair since we both just listened to the audio guide and looked at old artefacts in awe, I watched her admire the intricate artworks. I'm pretty sure that she has been here multiple times but seeing her look at old paintings in a child-like wonder, it's so cute and heartwarming.

After spending a good 3 hours at the museum, we stopped for lunch. And Tara took me to a restaurant nearby and apparently, it is said to be the one of best mutton biryani in the area. So, we ordered one plate along with chicken curry.

I watched the server place the dishes on our plates. Thankfully, the dishes don't look spicy since I can't handle the heat.

The chicken curry looks green so it should be not spicy.

I watched Tara scoop a generous amount of curry onto her plate, after serving me first. And tear a piece of roti/bread and lather it up with curry. She took her first bite and then saw me not eating.

"You are not eating?" - She noted

"Is it spicy?" - I enquired, just to be sure.

"No" - She assured me.