Chapter 14

Since there are multiple couples in this story, here's a memory refresher.

Lead couple -> Tara & her fiancee, Sid

Sid's ex-girlfriend - Mythili
Manav's ex-girlfriend - Jhanvi (dated through college and broke up a year ago)

Manav & his office crush, Sneha
Dev & his fiancee, Priya
Ravi & his wife, Manvi
Mathew & his live-in girlfriend, Kiara

Please note the following words that will be used from here, onwards

Appa = Father

Amma = Mother

Anna = Elder brother

Anni = Sister-in-law

Thambi = Younger brother

Akka = Elder sister

Thaatha = Grandfather

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Priya's POV

"Hi" - he whispered near my ears, sending shivers down my spine. 

"Hi" - I whispered back.

I quickly push him away upon hearing someone come near our book section.

"You look worried." - I remarked seeing his worried expression

"Isn't that obvious?" - He asked me, taking one step closer to me.

Seeing no change in my reaction, he added - "I'm slightly worried that Anna (Sid)  would call off his marriage at the last minute."

"Why do you think that way?" - I asked him concerned.

"It takes some time to melt a thousand-year-old iceberg." - He muttered, making me giggle.

"You are just overthinking." - I told him, pretending to read a book since a student passed by us.

Just then, Dev's phone rang and amidst the silence of the library, it was loud enough that it was embarrassing.

Dev's POV

I quickly answered my phone as it was Anna calling.

Sid - "Why are you whispering?"

I could hear the car honking behind me. I guess he's on his way back home from his night shift.

I whisper - "Because I'm at the library, moron."

"Oh, I saw your message that you need my help. What did you screw up now?" - He asked me in a tired voice.

"I'm supposed to gather some volunteers for the cleanliness drive. And can you please come?" - I begged him.

I could hear him sigh rather loudly and ask me - "Okay, when?"

"This Saturday" - I told, almost ready for his outburst. Tomorrow's Saturday.

"Urgh, fine. I will be there. Text me the time and place." - I could hear him unlock some door. I guess he reached home.

"Can you please call Anni (Tara)  as well?" - I begged him. Literally.

"I don't know about her. She might be busy. Unlike your brother who is used to whimsical blunders. " - He replied with a hint of annoyance.

I sort of blushed sheepishly, rubbing the back of my neck. Slightly embarrassed.

"Fine,  I will call her. Atleast she will be sweet to me, unlike you" - I told him and ended our call.

I called up Anni which she declined but got her message from her instead.