Chapter 16

Thanks to everyone for reading..!!

Date uploaded - 15/5/2023

2220 words!

---------------------------------

"Can I pick up Tara?" - he repeated unsure of what his mom has said. I look at him curiously as to why his mother wanted him to pick me up for dinner at their place.

Seeing my curious expression which Sid got a hint of, he mouthed - "Auto strike" to which I nodded understandingly. Oh right, I totally forgot that there was an auto and cab strike going on today for the better payment for their services.

"Sure, Amma. I will pick her up." - he replied to the call.

"I can manage on my own." - I whispered to him and he quickly kept his finger on my lips to shush me.

"Shh" - He purred and I bit his fingers annoyed at this closeness.

He hissed at the pain and whispered back. This time in pain in his voice - "What are you? a dog?"

I did the smallest puppy noise which made his eyes gleam with mischief.

"Yes, mom. I am still there." - The voice of his mother brought us back to reality.

"Ravi?" - he asked his mom with a question in his voice.

"Your heart is beating really fast, I can hear it" - he noted and whispered to me. Ofcourse, it's racing like a wild horse due to the forced close proximity. Fool!!

"Oh, he's busy tonight. He won't be able to come home." - He lied again, making me question his lying skills.

"Okay, amma. See you at home." - He said, ending the call and putting his mobile in his pant pocket.

Sid breathed - "Should we like. talk about it"

Does he want to talk about the kiss now? It's super embarrassing. I have never been in a relationship and naturally haven't been kissed on the lips. And this was pretty much the first time I have been kissed. And it was awkward and super embarrassing for me. Or the fact that I bite his finger when he tried to silence me in my own house. Ass! Or the fact that I did the tiny puppy bark or that he insinuated that I'm a dog. So many things to talk about here. None of which I really want to talk about.

"aboutwhatnothingweirdhashappened" - I replied back nervously as I tucked a lock of hair behind my ear.

"Oh really? let me see if I can jog your memory" - and he leaned in closer as though he was about to kiss me. Again.

Thankfully, I dodged this one.

"Those things you said yesterday... Did you mean them?" - He asked me, still caging me between his arms on either side and I sense the seriousness in his voice, a stark contrast from the playfulness in his voice.

"I don't know" - I said, refusing to meet his eyes since everything around us and our marriage was confusing me. Am I really ready for this marriage? Sure, I am 26 years old but I feel like I am still a kid and not mature enough for marriage.

"Even I'm scared of getting married. But all I know is that whatever you think you are going through for this marriage.. trust me, you are not alone. It's a big change for me as well. You are not going to do everything alone. I will be with you. And I promise to try." - He promised and I watched the corners of his mouth turn up.

"I have never dated nor been in a relationship. I don't even know what to expect here. I don't know the R in romance." - and saying so, I nibbled on my bottom lip.

Sid's POV

"I have never dated nor been in a relationship. I don't even know what to expect here. I don't know the R in romance." - and in saying so, she nibbled on her bottom lip.