The Mark: Part 3

One thing had led to another, and now here you were, standing inside Stark tower with Tony. Amidst all the chaos, Fury had somehow arranged for you a black spandex suit, very similar to the one Natasha was wearing, albeit your suit covered your neck, too, and was fire resistant to an extent.

You were currently staring at Loki warily as Tony distracted him while making a drink. You were hoping you could somehow, just somehow, talk Loki out of his plans. Did you think he would listen to you? No, you were a hundred percent sure of that, but you kept hoping. You didn't want New York to suffer at the hands of Loki any further, and, to your surprise, you didn't want Loki to suffer at the hands of New York, the Avengers, and this "Asgard's" justice system.

As you had walked in (And Tony had landed) Loki had looked towards both of you, smirked, and then had said, "Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity."

"Uh actually we're planning to threaten you", Tony had said.

Loki chuckled, "You should have left your armor on for that", he addressed Tony.

"Yeah, it's seen a bit of mileage and you've got the uh, 'Glow stick of destiny' ".

You almost smiled at that.

"Would ya like a drink? You, flame?"

"No, I'm good", you did smile this time.

"Stalling me won't change anything." Loki commented.

"No no no, threatening. No drink, you sure? I'm having one."

Loki didn't reply to his comment, and instead, walked towards the glass walls overlooking New York.

"The Chitauri are coming. Nothing can change that", He looked at you. "What have I to fear?"

"The Avengers", you stated, confidently.

The God merely raised an eyebrow.

"That's what we call ourselves..", Tony interjected.

"It's sort of like a team", you said.

"The Earth's Mightiest Heroes type thing."

"Yes. I've met them."

"Yeah, takes us a while to get any traction, I'll give you that one. But, lets do a headcount here. Your brother, the demigod."

Loki grit his teeth and sighed, a reaction which you mentally noted.

"A super soldier, a living legend who kinda lives up to the legend. A man with breathtaking anger management issues, a couple of master assassins, and a woman who can burn your army and ego in a couple minutes.."

Wow Tony, the exaggeration is unreal.

"And YOU, big fella, you've managed to piss off every single one of them."

"That was the plan", Loki smirks haughtily.

"Not a great plan," Tony replied and started walking towards Loki. "When they come, and they WILL, they'll come for you."

"I have an army."

"We have a hulk."

"I thought the beast had wandered off."

"You're missing the point", you deadpanned. "There's no throne. There's no version of this where you come out on top."

"And maybe your army comes and maybe it's too much for us but it's all on you. Cause if we can't protect the earth you can be damn well sure we'll avenge it." Tony glared at him.

"How would your friends have time for me, when they're so busy fighting you", Loki said, in a threatening tone, walking closer to Tony and raising the scepter so that it rested where Tony's heart was supposed to be.

The power radiating off the scepter grew, until it emanated a noticeable blue glow and a constant humming sound, but when the tip of the scepter touched Tony's chest, there was only a clink.

You looked at Loki, stopping in your tracks as you had started advancing towards him just in case, and saw his confusion.

Loki tried to slightly jab at Tony's chest again, but, yet again, he was met with nothing but the small clink.

"This usually works", The God commented. In a twisted way, the situation was almost hilarious.

"Well performance issues, you know, not uncommon. One outta five-"

In the blink of an eye, Loki grabbed Tony by his neck and threw him on the ground. You interjected, blasting fireballs at him, which he somehow deflected. Loki blasted a sort of energy towards you with his scepter, and this was enough to knock you down momentarily, during which he had grabbed Tony once again.

"You will all fall before me", and with that, Loki defenestrated Tony.

He literally threw Tony out of the window!

Tony-

You didn't get much time to gather your thoughts as you saw Tony's suit whiz by, after him, and you took this as your chance to attack Loki again. This time you focused on blocking him, and interpreting his next move.

But he was a God with years worth of training and you merely (Properly) started using your powers now. Up till now both of you were using your specific powers without making contact with each other, but another particularly powerful jolt of energy momentarily stilled your movement, causing the God to grab you by your neck.

Right where the mark was.

In seemingly a matter of nano-seconds, the room was filled with bright lights, in all colors, and both of you stood frozen, either gazing or glaring at each other, you weren't sure.

Tony, meanwhile, had suited-up while falling, and was now ready to make Loki pay. In his fury, he forgot to note that you were standing close to Loki and that any harmful energy blast could be fatal for you.

You didn't blame him.

"And there's one other person you pissed off. His name was Phil."

You were shoved backwards as the blinding beam of light hit Loki.

You weren't shoved backwards by impact, no.

Loki had saved you.

You looked at him with wide eyes as the news sunk in.

Loki is my... soulmate?!

Meanwhile, you had failed to notice that Tony had approached you in his suit and picked you up, and a few moments later you were flying through New York, where eventually Tony would drop you off at a relatively safe area, being extremely considerate.

After all, you had just discovered the person trying to take over the world, your world, was none other than your soulmate. And you had been injured, too.

What the fuck is happening?

---------------------------------------

Loki was confused. WHY had he shoved the Y/n woman aside when that wretched mortal took aim and shot at him? WHY had he been vulnerable?

WHY had he started all of this?

What was he going to do now?

He had noticed the fear in her eyes, along with the astonishment, as the weight of the situation sunk in and the realization hit the both of them at the same time.

He was such a monster that he had tried to strangle his soulmate.

His very own soulmate.

He cursed the Norns for putting him in this precarious position.

The God was certain that he could escape this predicament, though it would prove to be a difficult task. All those years he mocked Thor and that mortal woman Jane's soulmate bond (Sif would have been a better match, he thought), and all those years his soulmate had been a mortal all along?

What in the Norns is happening?