Love you 3000 (Peter P.)

There was the scent of blood and grief in the air. Right before my very eyes, with the infinity stones in his hands, as he prepared himself mentally to snap his fingers and to put an end to mankind's predicament forever, knelt my father. My dad. He wouldn't actually do it, would he? Oh no.

He would.

I screamed, tried to run to him and to stop him, do anything to prevent him from using the infinity stones. But I was too slow. Too weak. And my enemy just needed a moment's worth of distraction to strike at me. I screamed in pain as a blade impaled me- There was blood everywhere. My knees buckled, I fell down and I was cursed with the front view of his demise.

"Dad! No! Don't do it, please don't!" I screamed, in vain, tears clouding my vision.

Too late. He looked me in the eye as he said, "And I am Iron man," and mouthed the words 'I love you 3000' to me.

It seemed as though my opponent was waiting for the perfect opportunity to wound me fatally. Both emotionally and physically.

I screamed and tried to crawl to him, but right then, I experienced what felt as though a million knives were piercing my skin. Yet I continued to scream as Tony took his last few breaths.

"NO, please dad- No- you can't do this to us!" But he was gone.

"I love you 3000, too." 

 * * *

Y/n jolted awake, sitting upright, trying to take in huge gulps of air, and just crying. She was all alone, shaking, unable to breath, and she just wanted to join Tony. Her heart was pounding in her chest, and she let out a heart breaking wail. Everything was pointless- She was helpless. She would soon succumb to her anxiety, fear and grief- She needed Peter. He always knew how to take care of her. But he was gone on a patrol.

With trembling hands, she picked up her phone, trying to regulate her breathing like Peter once taught her. She somehow managed to call Peter.

The boy in question received the call immediately once seeing that Y/n was calling. He quickly landed on a building, knowing that Y/n would be mad at him for talking or texting while swinging if he didn't. He chuckled at the thought of his girlfriend, being extremely fond of her and her constant concern for him.

"Hey, what happened, babe? I'm almost home-"

"P-Peter- I need you-" She was sobbing.

"Hey- Are you having a panic attack?" He put two and two together. Her voice was shaky as she mumbled, "Y-yeah, please come home- Please."

"Don't worry, I'll be right there. Just hang on, wait for a second, Y/n. Stay on the line with me. Remember those breathing exercises we learned together?" He quickly put his mask back on and forgetting all previous warnings regarding using his phone while swinging by Y/n, swung towards the direction of the compound.

"Y-yes, I- I remember." She gasped, but then he heard her sobbing. "I just miss dad so much- so fucking much-"

"I know you do, I do too, but I'm gonna need you to focus on breathing with me right now, okay?" His heart broke at her words.

"Yeah," she breathed out.

Peter kept her talking until he reached the compound, and then once he did, he immediately entered her room through her window, not caring to take his suit off.

She was curled up into a ball on the ground, shaking.

"Hey- Hey, Y/n, listen to me. Look at me." He grabbed her hands, and she peeked at him.

She launched herself at Peter, who held her and started playing with her hair, knowing this was how she was comforted. He kept whispering sweet nothings in her ears, and kissed the crown of her head. She sobbed into his suit, hugging him tightly.

In half an hour, her sobs had quietened down to a few whimpers here and there. Peter continued to play with her hair, holding her close.

"Thank you, thank you so much, Peter, I'm sorry I interrupted your patrol, I-" She looked at him, her eyes filled with love, gratitude and adoration.

"Hey, listen, it's no problem. You are more important to me than anything, okay? Whenever I'm not around, just give me a call, and I'll be there for you." He smiled.

"Yeah, but still, thanks- I love you 3000." She snuggled closer to him, eyes once again watering at the memories, but this time, they were happy memories.

Peter and her annoying Tony together, Peter and her babysitting Morgan, and later helping Tony in the lab. Blasting AC DC to get a reaction out of all of the avengers with Peter and Tony.

Tony tucking her in when she was younger.

"I love you 3000, kid."

"I love you 3000, too, love." Peter chuckled, the slight rumble in his chest providing ease to your aching heart, that you were not alone yet.

He was here with you. You could get through this with him.

"Promise you won't ever leave me alone? I don't care if you annoy me to death if it means that you'd stay with me. Forever?"

"I promise. Forever." He peppered her face with kisses.

"But there's gonna be a shit ton of Star wars references if I'm staying, you're good with that?" He jested.

"I'm good with anything and everything as long as you're by my side." They both processed the depth of her words, and at that moment, sat alone in a darkened room in the compound were two hurt souls, just loving each other and protecting each other from the realities of the cruel world they lived in.