Later that day...

Nightmare Moon was in her room as she rose the sun, but only behind the moon. Not letting it shine brighter as it was supposed to be.

"Isn't that better!?" She said as Sombra came walking towards her.

"It's lovely, but I do prefer your moon alone." He said looking at her.

Sombra became a little soft knowing that Luna was still there from the other night. He just needed to find a way to bring her back. But how?

Nightmare Moon looked down as she saw hypnotized soldiers walking in rows as if preparing for battle.

Sombra only control male pony of every kind. They left the mothers and children alone for now.

"Are thou really getting our daughter back?" Nightmare Moon said in a near whispered.

"Of course. We have Celestia in our grasp. The only ones to apose us are those pesky ponies. We can get rid of with our own hoofs if we wish." Sombra said calmly.

Nightmare Moon looked depressed as she looked at the sun and moon.

"Thou wants our daughter, now." She said in a hiss.

"And we will, Luna..."

"Don't call us that! Luna is gone! There's only NIGHTMARE MOON!" She said as she walked inside their room away from the little sunlight. 

He kept silent. "Of course." He whispered.

"We must leave as soon as possible. Every minute that passes is a waste without thou's time with our DAUGHTER!" Nightmare Moon said as she left the room. 

Sombra looked at the direction to where she left sensing something was wrong.

He senses something dark upon his Luna. It wasn't her anymore. The same thing happened the time he fought her and lost to that thing.

That darkness.

Not knowing if he should be worried or not. Either way he followed behind her.

They headed for the throne room to wait for Cadence and Shining Armour.

They bowed towards their queen and king as they arrived, not having much of a choice.

"We shall wait in Ponyville while thou go to the dark forest and get thei daughter back." Nightmare Moon said as she glared at the two ponies.

"And... where exactly to we look for her. The dark forest goes on for nearly forever. It will take us days or even weeks..." Cadence said but was interrupted.

"We can't wait for that long. She could be hurt or worse." Sombra said plainly.

"What Cadence is trying to say... is that the forest is huge, bigger than this castle. It will take us some time to find her." Shining said sounding overprotective of Cadence.

"Thou will look in the castle first!" Nightmare Moon said.

"Castle!? What castle?" Shining said confused as he and Cadence looked at each other not knowing of that location.

This got Nightmare Moon angry.

"Thou sister despise us that not even the mention of thou's castle is to be hear off!" Nightmare Moon said in her Canterlot voice.

"All you must know is that it's found in the forbidden forest. You will find it. It's perhaps the only place where they're hidding in." Sombra said.

"Yes... my king." Cadence said bowing her head; not wanting to feel the wrath of them. Shining did the same.

"We should leave now. Thou will not wait any longer!" Nightmare Moon said angrily as she step out of her throne. Walking straight for the couple.

"And if thou fails to get us Twilight! Thou will wish to have never been BORN!" Nightmare Moon yelled in anger as showed her wings.

"Y-yes... my queen." Cadence said in fear as she bowed lower.

Shining never felt so much anger in one pony. 'She must have suffered a lot.' He thought to himself as he lowered his head.

"Let us leave!" Nightmare Moon said so everyone could hear as some of the guards followed her with Sombra, Cadence, and Shining behind her.

Nightmare Moon was willing to do anything for her daughter.

------------------------------------------------------------

Hours went by as Cadence and Shining were now walking in the dark forest.

Nightmare Moon and Sombra as well as some guards were just outside of the forest not wanting for Twilight to leave. Nightmare Moon sent them first to see if she can come willingly. 

Cadence and Shining walked for nearly an hour as they yelled for Twilight.

"Twilight!?" Cadence yelled.

"Twily!?" Shining yelled.

Cadence stopped as to catch her breath.

"Twi!?" Shining yelled in desperation wanting to see his sister.

"Shining? Is this even a good idea?" Cadence said worrried for Twilight.

"I... I don't know. What I do know is that we have to find her. She might be hurt." Shining said.

"Twily!?" Shining yelled again.

Cadence sight as she looked forward to see ruins.

"Shining, what's that!?" She asked pointed to a ruined that looked like a tower.

Shining looked at her direction as he saw it.

"Maybe that's the caslte!?" He said as he began running towards it, calling out Twilight.

Cadence followed behind as she screamed Twilight name.

"Twilight!?" She yelled.

"Twi!?" He yelled.

They stopped as it was a castle.

"Twilight!?" Cadence yelled as they neared the castle.

"Twily!?" Shining said as they suddenly stopped as the doors opened.

Shining looked up as he began to tear up.

"Shining?"