A Chance

TW: PTSD,Night Terrors

This chapter will also contain sexual content.

===========================

Something woke me from slumber. I heard a pained moan. I opened my eyes and glanced down at Kaz. He was thrashing in his sleep. Sweat soaking his brow. He was saying a name over and over " Jordie!No please don't!"

I knew it was dangerous to wake someone in the throes of a night terror but I could not stand the agony I was hearing in his voice.

I gently shook him and started softly calling to him.  " Kaz, Kaz can you hear me? You need to wake up now. "

He jolted awake and nearly fell off his side of the bed.  I grabbed both his arms with my own,ignoring the instant piercing pain that jolted through my injured shoulder as I helped prevent him from falling. His eyes were still unfocused.  He was panting,heart beating fast.

" Kaz,Kaz you're safe, you're okay. " I said reassuringly.

He blinked several times before he was able to stop struggling and got his breathing back under control. When I was sure he wasn't going to fall I released my grip on him.

He wiped his sweat slicked hair from his eyes. Meeting my worried expression, he said grimly," I'm sorry, I'm fine I apologize you had to witness that. "

"Kaz you don't need to apologize. You couldn't have controlled that.  I have had many similar nights like that myself so I get it." I told him honestly

Kaz frowned as he realized this meant I'd been through something terrible enough to cause the night terrors too.

I wanted to say something to lighten the suddenly somber mood. Kaz had turned his back to me and sat on the edge of the bed trying to gather himself.  I could see that his back was soaked. He must be incredibly uncomfortable in his wet clothes.

I decided to be bold as I asked him.  " I'm sure you would like to freshen up and get into something dry. Perhaps we should bathe? "

Kaz he got up off the bed and faced me holding a gloved hand out to me. " Come."

I smirked up at him as I slid my unbandaged hand in his. He easily pulled me to my feet.

We moved silently across my room out into the corridor fingers interlaced. Outside in the hall Kaz abruptly disentangled himself from me. I shivered at the sudden loss of his intense heat.

I realized he didn't want anyone to see him holding my hand.I felt slighted by his abrupt shift in behavior but I kept silent and let him lead the way down the hall to his own room.I noticed he leaned heavily on the crow topped,ebony walking cane he always carried. I refused to comment on the absurdity of him refusing my support. His pride was part of his armour after all. I contented myself watching his broad back as we moved towards his door.

Kaz swiftly opened the room and he held the door for me to enter first.

I moved myself into the doorway of his room narrowly avoiding brushing up against him.  His breathe hitched but he didn't say anything as let me step further into his room.

Once I was inside he followed me in and locked us alone inside his room.

Kaz watched me intensely as I bent down to slip out of the slippers id been given.

I padded barefoot over to where he remained near his front door.

He looked absolutely gorgeous with his dark hair disheveled, some strands covering his stunning eyes. He gritted his teeth as I approached him.