Kaz- The Fight

Kaz paced his office. He had left Amira resting in their room while he went to attend to some business. He found he was too distracted to focus on his paperwork, his thoughts drifting back to the woman in his bed.

She had said yes.She'd agreed to marry him and be his wife. He would find her the perfect ring and do right by her.  He would make sure all her dreams were fulfilled and he'd find a way to be the best version of himself for her. She deserved no less from him.

Kaz was extremely nervous by the prospect of putting his woman within reach of the madman,Carlson again.

He wanted to gut the bastard and claw the man's heart out for what he'd done to both Nina and Amira.

He should be proud of his reserve considering how his mind raced, his inner demons fighting to come out to play.

Kaz would have his pound of flesh soon. Carlson wasn't going to walk away this time. Kaz would make sure of that.

Kaz really didn't need distractions right now and while he was well aware Amira was a very capable fighter and could hold her own, he couldn't help but worry about her.

She was still in recovery from the last encounter and she had new injuries that were on the mend. She wasn't presently in peak fighting form.

He was glad that Inej and Amira had reconciled,but was disappointed Amira had let herself get injured in their sparring earlier. He wished he was able to read her mind to understand what had had her so distracted recently.

He was frustrated she couldn't just tell him what was troubling her. He understood that it was easier to keep things to yourself and deal with the demons alone, but Amira didn't need to. He was here and he wanted to help her.

He hoped it was just stress about what was going to need to be done but he was starting to believe it was even more than simply facing her ex boss again.

He hoped she would come to him about it after they have dealt with Carlson.

There was a knock at the door and he stopped pacing to go answer it.

Inej stood in the hall, she gave him a small smile when he met her gaze.

"Inej have you found out what Carlson's plans are ?" Kaz asked crossing his arms leaning in his doorway to wait for her response

Inej nodded at him and frowned as she replied softly," It isn't good Kaz, the man has alot of hired muscle. He's ready to go to war against you to have Amira back. This is not going to be simple and I don't think we will even be able to get close enough to Carlson to take him out.  I don't like the plan based on what I've found out .  We have to think of something else, the risk to Amira isn't worth it if we cannot kill the bastard. We need to keep her safe."

Kaz snarled beyond agitated, " Why is it so difficult to kill this prick?How is it he has built this wealth to hire these mercenaries without us knowing about it sooner?  I have spies everywhere in the Barrel and no one has reported this to me. Something isn't right Inej."

Just then an alarm went off. Kaz swore looking briefly at Inej who took off down the hall towards their armoury without another word to him.

Someone had betrayed them. He would find out who had dared to do so. His retribution would be swift.

Kaz darted into his office and went to his desk to pull the pistol he kept in a  hidden compartment of his top drawer.

He checked the chambers making sure it was loaded and stuffed some extra shells from the box in the drawer into his pocket.

The siren was grating but he was thankful to have had it installed if just for this reason.

He left the office in a hurry limping his way to the landing that overlooked the gambling parlor.