having your baby

squeezing onto his hand, you let out a piercing scream, tears falling graciously down your cheeks.

'jus' breath for me.. love' he instructs, pushing strands of your hair out of your face.

you do so, looking into his soft eyes. he's nudging his nose against yours, whispering continuous encouragements.

after long months of touring, he's happy to be at home with his pregnant wife. holding you in the mornings, whispering to your belly, cooking breakfast. so he panicked when he heard your soft, broken voice calling him. 'handsome.. wake up. please.. it hurts'.

'fuck.. this really hurts' you cry, leaning your head against his chest.

he kisses your sweaty forehead, mumbling a 'i know, angel'.

when the doctor arrives, Harry has your back pressed against his chest, holding your hands in his.

'alright, love.. gonna need you to push now' she encourages.

you turn your head to meet his gaze. weary eyes, searching for his comfort. and he does just that, nudging his nose against yours once again.

'go on, love.. i'm right here' he encourages.

you begin to take in a sharp breath, pushing as much as you can and when your body gives out, you collapse against his chest, tears falling, face dripping with sweat. but he doesn't care, holding you close to him as he whispers praises. 'almost there, love' 'do it for us. yeah?' 'jus' a few more, love. can you?'

and with teary eyes, you shake your head, whispering a quiet 'no'.

'i- i can't. i do-don't want to' you say through clouded tears.

his heart squeezes through his chest, pained to hear your broken tears and words. so he gently cups your face, brushing his thumb over your cheeks.

'my love..' he mumbles into your hair. 'you can do it.. i know you can'

you take in another sharp breath, pushing and pushing until your limbs go numb again, collapsing against his chest. he kisses your temple every time, mumbling sweet nothings to keep you going.. and with one final push, you let out a big breath, back colliding with his chest as little cries fill the room.

'you did it, angel' he praises, draping his arms around your chest as he places featherlight kisses to your temple.

you give him the weak smile, burying your back further into his chest because he's soft and comfy. then he's helping you hold your angel, cooing and grinning widely while brushing the pad of his thumb over the delicate skin. your little bundle of joy.. finally here.

what was once just two hearts and one home became three..