missed you

EllaBrown025 this one's for you ❤️
you lean your head against his shoulder, scratching lightly against his belly.

there's that sheepish laugh, his hands stretching out as he blinks the sleep away.

'missed you' you confess into the softness of his skin.

he shakes his head, lips tugging into a soft smile, showing off his adorable dimples.

'missed you too' he too confesses.

you leave soft kisses down the expanse of his jaw, then press a drawn-out kiss to his curls. he sighs, resting his head against your chest. then brings your hand to his lips.

'tired, pretty?' you ask him.

although you already know the answer to that. he lets out another sigh.

you can see the dark circles around his eyes. his curls, unruly. you can hear the croaky sleepiness in his voice. his breathing heavy out of exhaustion.

he leans to one side, resting his cheek against your chest, listening to your heartbeat. it calms his stress, muscles relaxing just by that. then simply nods his head. too tired to say anything.

he's noticed how clingy you have become, visiting him at the studio whenever you can. which is almost everyday. but he doesn't care. loves having you around.

'what're working on?' you ask.

there's an array of scribbled sheets on the table. some crumpled up paper and an empty coffee mug. ink staines on the wooden table. broken pencils scattered everywhere.

'something i wrote for you' he speaks in a whisper.

although it is just the two of you in the room. he leans over to grab his guitar, turning around in his chair and begins to play the first few chords.

'sweet creature. had another talk about where it's going wrong'

there was an uncertainty in your relationship years ago. constant fights. constant fears.

'and oh we started
two hearts in one home'

he looks between your eyes and your pregnant belly. a smile tugging at his lips. at first it was just two hearts and one home.. each other. now, well.. three.

'sweet creature, sweet creature
when I run out of road, you bring me home'

through shaky tears and quivering lips, you melt into his warm embrace.

'thi— this is beau— beautiful' you say.

he leans in, pressing a drawn-out kiss to your forehead and mutters 'everything i do.. it's all for you'.

it's quiet until, with tired eyes, you both make your way home. your hands intertwined together and little kisses to your cheek.

'i love you' you whisper.

he brings your hand to his lips and mumbles a 'i love you too. both of you'.