not so little anymore

Golden_KiwiStyles this one's for you. Sorry it took a while. But I hope you like it.

'it seems as if Miss Styles torn Annabelle's picture from art class' the principal tells him, holding up the torn paper together.

shocked as ever, he turns with a stern look at his little bean.

you're not so little anymore. now age 12 and very much a splitting image of your mother.

'is that true sprout?' he asks you.

'uh huh..' you confess, looking down at your feet. 'but she was being a meanie'.

he would be mad.. no furious. but instead softens when he sees your adorable face. soft green eyes. a little pout.

'she said mean things about mama' you begin to sob.

he holds you in his arms and lets out a soft sigh.

'still shouldn't have done that, lovebug.. actions speak louder than words.. and sometimes it hurts people' he tells you.

'i'm sorry' you nuzzle your face into the crevice of his neck.

'think someone else deserves an apology too' he encourages. 'always give love, baby.. that's what mama would have done'.

it almost brings him to tears. missing his love so very much and seeing so much of her through you. strong headed, kind hearted and a little sassy at times.

he apologises to the principal while you apologise to Annabelle. then drives the both of you home. once at home he gives you cuddles and peppers your face with soft kisses

'she said mean things about mama.. wish she was here' you let out a sob.

he holds you close, letting you sob in his shirt. and for a while stay like that. he remembers the first time he held you. tiniest human. he remembers your mother. soft, kindest eyes. kind hearted. generous too.

'i know.. angel' he coos.

the rest of the night consisted watching Ron-Coms. your mother's favourite was 'Notting Hill'. then he tucked you into bed, pressing a soft kiss to your hair.

'always give love.. that's what mama would have done' he repeats his earlier words.

and those words stuck by you, hoping to be as kind hearted, generous and sweet like your mother was..