meanies

EllaBrown025 this one's for you

you stare at the mirror. their words cutting deep. 'she's so fat' 'ugliest thing i've seen' 'nobody wants you here'. that you're actually starting to believe them.

you begin to call your boyfriend, smiling at his contact picture. napping in his tee with a book in his hand and glasses falling to the side of his face.

'hey, love' he answers.

you take in a shaky breath, trying to avoid crying.. because something about that sweet nickname makes you feel emotional right now.

'hi..' you whisper.

your soft voice seems hesitant. almost choking and he can tell.

'what's the matter, angel?' he asks.

you're holding it in, trying so hard not to cry. your pale face staring at yourself in the mirror.

'nothing, i'm fine' you tell him.

but the shakiness in your voice tells him otherwise.

'please, flower.. tell me what's wrong' his voice is soft and gentle.

tears begin to fall, body shaking slightly. then seeing how different you look now, unrecognisable, you cry harder.

'oh, love..' he coos.

your porcelain skin, frail. exhausted eyes. messy hair. that care free girl doesn't exist anymore.. and you hate it.

'they're being mean' you finally confess.

he runs his hand through his curls, sighing. he knew it. seen how different you had become around him. always cautious on what you eats, staring at the mirror more often, comparing yourself to other girls.

'how long?' he asks.

his voice is less soft, making you flinch slightly. a whimper falls pass your lips and tears begin to fall again.

'a year' you confess.

the line goes dead.. silent other than the heavy beating of your heart.

'fuck, angel.. a year?' his voice filled with anger.

you don't say anything, letting the tears fall freely. your hunched now on the floor, knees to your chest. desperately telling him 'don't be mad.. i'm sorry'.

'oh, angel.. i'm sorry for shouting' he apologises.

he's whispering a 'hold on, baby'. but his heart shatters when you tell him you can't hold on much longer, wishing not to be here at all.

'fuck.. y/n, angel' he begins to panic. 'don't say that'.

you continue to sob against your knees, muttering 'i shouldn't be here' 'nobody loves me'.

'i do' his voice chokes. 'baby..'.

eventually you calm down as he whispers sweet nothings through the phone. he's mumbling 'you're my world, my everything' and that breaks you. your heart sinking, crying harder.

when the day is over, you're making your way to his car. shaky tears, staggered breaths. he holds you in his arms, mumbling soft, gentle words. then he's talking to the girls, in a calm manner. you begged for him not to. but he wouldn't have it.

by the time you arrive to his place, you're exhausted. he places the covers over your, resting your head against his chest.

'i'll always love you.. always' he mumbles while placing a soft kiss to your forehead.

two hearts and one home. that's all you need.