Chapter 23

Piers couldn't help it. Even when the train started moving he was smiling at the thought of beating Emmett later and texting him later too. He's already heard the safety precautions three times, he doesn't need to hear it a fourth. He just couldn't wait until he was allowed to get up and stand in the Battle Car to fight Emmett. Truthfully, he just wants to show off, he want's to prove to Ingo at least, that if anything happens, he can protect Emmett. 

Soon, the speakers turn on and their told that they can move to the battle car if they wish and Piers basically jumps out of his seat. He walks to the Battle Car and waits patiently, then Emmett walks into the room making Piers smile and walk up to him.

"Ready Em?" Piers said and watched Emmett jumped a little. 

"Arceus, do you need to scare me every time?" Emmett said trying to glare at Piers but failing. 

"Yes. It's cute how you jump." Piers said, not thinking his words, then he realized what he said. 

"Oh cr-" 

"Cute?" Emmett said, his voice raising a bit in pitch. 

"Uhhhhhh" Piers said not knowing how to fix this blunder. 

"Well, well, well, now someone else is the one who doesn't know what to say. Well, you have plenty of time to figure that out. Time for our battle....Piers." Emmett said smiling saying his name a bit deeper than usual and walked out of the car.

 Piers couldn't help the shiver than ran through him and then he realized that he has a battle to get to. 

The referee walked into the middle of the field. 

"Ladies and Gentleman we are gathered here today for a battle between Former Gym Leader of the Galar region, turned rock star, Piers!" The referee said pointing towards the rock star who was confident he would win. 

Then the lights dimmed. 

"He will be going against the reigning champion of the Battle Train...." The referee started. 

Then the crowd started getting pumped, he could tell it was starting to rival the time before he appears on stage. Then he heard chuckling and saw Ingo. What is happening?

".....The Subway Boss that is said to rival even Alder, our Champion....." the referee continued and suddenly some fog started. What the....? He heard more chuckling and saw Ingo trying not to laugh. 

Then the light's shone on a figure on the opposite side of the field with his head down, then he lifted it slightly, showing part of his smile. 

"....The White Knight, Emmett!" The referee shouted and Piers swears to every god he can think of that the atmosphere in the Battle Car beat his concerts by twenty. 

Then, Emmett brought his head up and showing his full smile and the smug look in his eyes, then he laughed. 

"Surprised Piers?" Emmett said laughing. He didn't need to have this introduction. This is technically the full title of his and Ingo's title bestowed to them from the Pokemon League. It was just coincidence that he's won almost every battle on the Battle Train however. 

Piers didn't know this but was flabbergasted. Then he started laughing. He didn't suspect this. 

"Well, Well, Well. 'The White Knight?' Well, this is gonna be interesting." Piers said grabbing his first Pokeball. 

"Haha. You'll learn why I'm the White Knight of Unova." Emmett said smiling bringing out his first pokemon. 

"You already know the rules, no time wasting it, time to get this party started Elektross." Emmett said.